• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Newcastle, UK

Niton

Quick hello from me.
I've been interested in fish keeping for a long time but never progressed past keeping a few gold fish in my youth.
Recently stumbled upon the phrase 'aquascape' in a football forum I use! Out of interest googled the term watched a few George Farmer videos and now I'm hooked!
Even spent a couple of days on holiday along the Northumberland coast searching for hardscape last week!

So that brings me to to the point I'm at now. Heavily inspired by George Farmer's low maintenance non-co2 video I've got:
  • a Newa Mirabello 60 litre tank coming next week.
  • A good selection of stones collected from the coast
  • Hopefully some bog wood will be following.
I'm really excited to get started and have a ton of questions so should I post them here? Create a new thread to cover the setup?

That's probably a bit more than a quick introduction sorry! Look forward to following your feedback and advice.
Nick

Hello buddy, welcome to the forum. Once you get the equipment best place to start is create a new post in the journal section, that way people know what's going on right from the start. You'll probably find yourself asking a question in another part of the forum and people will want as much information about your set-up and what you're trying to achieve before they can give you advice. If you have your journal running they'll already have most of info so you'll get better advice.

In fact, go ahead, get one going. You already have your basics coming so you can ask about what other equipment you might need. Work out what type of tanks floats your boat first, there's different ways of going about things depending on what you're after :thumbup:

Back