• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi from Hong Kong

Chubba

Seedling
Hi all. Just wanted to introduce myself.

I used to live in Scotland, then moved to London with work and now immigrated to Hong Kong.

Just setup my new planted aquarium a couple of weeks ago now :)

I'm new to the planted aquarium hobby.

Tank size - 18" x 12" x 20"

I have used ADA substrate, Amazonia. Let the aquarium to cycle and tested for Ammonia and at 0.5.

Filter - I am using a Hydor Prime 20 filled with Sera Siporax. Do I need anything else?

I am using a local branded LED light (LUTEXLED) for 7 hours.

I'm currently running pressurised CO2 on 1 hour before lights on and off 2hrs before lights out.

I am dosing Brighty K and Green Bacter and will move to ADA Step 1 next week. Currently doing 50% water changes every 2nd day.

Tap water treated with Prime.

I planted the aquarium a couple of weeks ago and since I seem to have had a bit of die off from the HC as seen at the front...

not sure how to add photos yet... :)

Hi, welcome to the forum Chubba :)
You won't be able to upload images yet due to spam filtering. After a few days and a couple of posts you should be able to post links and images :)
There's a helpful how to upload pictures thread in technical help if you have any difficulties:
How to! - How do you post a picture | UK Aquatic Plant Society
Cheerio,
Ady.

Dean - good thanks!

LondonDragon - photos below. Thanks :)

65ej.jpg

u0di.jpg

My clean up crew at the moment:

2 x Otos
2 x Amanos

Is this enough? I am thinking to add another 2 otos and 2 more Amanos... Amanos are really hard to get in Hong Kong now as the region where the Amanos come from were hit by a recent typhoon. The typhoon also reached Hong Kong.

h1sz.jpg

all the photos are taken from my iphone 5.

Back