• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hi all from silsden

Andy Thurston

Hi people im andy from silsden
I joined ukaps on tuesday . I've made a few posts and thought i best say hello to all

I have 2 tanks one is a 330l corner tank which is home to,
12 clown loach
10 glass catfish
4 dennison barbs
4 bristle nosed plec
3 scissortails
1 ruby shark
1 redtailed black shark
15 silver tipped tetras was 20
1 neon tetra was 10
The dennison barbs ate the others as they grew
This tank has small planted portion which i plan to extend ,maybe double in size

My other tank is a 40l betta tank which has 3 8w t5 lights in hood, not all switched on. It has fluval stratum substrate and filtered by a trickle filter supplied by a 400l/h jad powerhead water returned to tank below water level gives good circulation providing i keep it topped up
This is home to
4 armano shrimp
5 ember tetras
4 dwarfe corys
Ill add photos when i get to my pc

Welcome to UKAPS Andy, clown loaches are my fav, shame they are not really suited for a planted tank, used to keep 4 in my Rio but they out grew it and went to a better home, look forward to the photos :)

Hopefully i'll be working again before mine outgrow their home im planning a 9'x2'x2' hopefully with a densely planted section at one end with the hardiest plants i can find with a large pile of rock at other end forming large caves for them to hide in
There my fav fish too. like you say its a shame their so hard on plants. that being said if i can create a tank which grows fast enough my fish will trim it for me and ill be happy
Check out my thread in plants section, plants that will survive clown loach curiosity some one posted Photos of a tank with hc and clowns in
If i can do this their current home will get turned into a high tech tank to look pretty because the other never will and im not getting rid of my fish(a fish is for life not just for christmas) their too entertaining i even feed apple snails for sport 1 snail is a good meal for everone in tank the clowns go first in pecking order then other tankmates clean up the mess

photos as promised
W7qherS.jpg

planted remains
n6Mp9QS.jpg

012DZq.jpg

Back