• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hemianthous Cuba not holding on substrate

Jaap

Hello,

after 3 months of dry start method of Hemianthous Cuba on JBL manado I have flooded the tank for 2 weeks now. I have noticed that HCC is very easily uprooted if distracted.

Is this due to the substrate? Will this change bu HCC growing deeper roots?

Thanks

I don't think I can trim it without uprooting it....

Hello jaap

How many litre is the tank and how strong is the flow?
I just flooded mine last week and looking at the side of the glass I can see the roots deep down. What I did every week was I pat the hc down lightly. You could try doing that after your water change and sprinkle a bit of the substrate aver the hc.
Cheers
Ryan

Sharp scissors and carefully when you trim it. Lots of small cuts is better than one big cut. Don't let it get too long between trims it might float off.
I don't think its that hard to grow hc but trimming every 2-3 weeks it is lots of work and is needed to keep hc at its best
We ripped most of it out of dans tank because nether of us could be bothered to trim it and it had started to come away from the substrate
Also slow it down by running minimal lighting and cooler temperatures
A waterproof flymo would come in handy

I used to have that problem too. Trimming it would usually force me to do a lot of replanting. Using finer grain soil or sand should help for your next scape.

Back