• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help with new set up plant look yellow

mi casa

HI all i am new to UKAPS but have been keeping fish for many years now and plants for about 5 years. I have set up a 180l tank with the All pond solutions ef2000 with uv it is well planted i use TPN+ and Easy life Profito as there is no iron in the TPN+. I have put a small hydor 900lph power head in near the bottom to help with flow as the tank is 20 inch deep. i have 4 TMC aqua grow led lights and as the thank is a divide we had made there is 5 50w spot lights as well i ave a jbl co2 on a timer which comes on 2 hour before lights on and off 2 hours before lights out. i put 10ml TPN+ and 4ml profito per day a good 4 hours before lights on my lights are now on for 8 hours a day. most of the plants look fine apart from HC and the Pogostemon helferi are looking a bit yellow the scape is 5 weeks old i use jbl aqua base and jbl mandano. i never gave ferts for the first 2 weeks. I bid a 8 week fish less cycle before planting i use 50% tap water to 50% RO and do 50% water change every week. i would put a photo up but don't no how to. look forward to your help :D

Hi,

Upload the photos on Flickr then hit Share -> Grab the HTML/BBCode and paste it in your post.
You might have to rise your lights and improve the CO2 distribution. Lowering the light intensity gives them more room to transition and start growing healthy. If you can't rise them cut some of them, let's say 2 and see what happens.

Mike

HI thank you for your reply i have cut out the 5 50w spot lights i have good flow around the tank all the plants sway even the HC my c02 is set with a drop chek with4dkh water it is nice and green a bit yellow on lights on here is a photo but the plants look nice and green on the photo but there are a bit yellow. the HC did start to spread but seams to have stopped ? .http://www.flickr.com/photos/77614826@N07/

Back