• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help please- switching to reactor

Thanks all for your help.
My external filter is rated for 1400 LPH. In reality it's probably more like 700 LPH. I'm guessing this might pose a problem if I want to use a reactor.

Just out of interest, what do we think of this?

http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections/diffusers-reactors/products/external-turbo-co2-reactor-diffuser

Will it be better than this, which is what I'm using at the moment?

http://www.co2art.co.uk/collections...-inline-atomizer-diffuser-system-16-22mm-hose

The annoying thing about the one I am using right now is that it produces a lot of micro bubbles in the tank, so the water looks very, well... carbonated.

Very easy, the filter housing is 15quid and the connectors are about a fiver, both from eBay.
I run mine from my tetratec ex1200 through a spray bar, flow has dropped but not massively, it seems like the better dissolvsion of co2 out weighs problem of the drop in flow, in my case anyway.
It can also be run by a central heating pump (25ish quid) if it effects flow to much.
But over all ird say its worth taking a chance on it and see if it works for you!

Averagewhitebloke,

I love the look of the Sera one. The problem is that it says the working pressure should not exceed 1 bar! Is this correct? Why is that?

Averagewhitebloke,

I love the look of the Sera one. The problem is that it says the working pressure should not exceed 1 bar! Is this correct? Why is that?

In reactors you don't need the higher pressure as there's less restriction due to having no ceramic piece to diffuse through but also as it's a screw on top if the pressure is too high it could possibly push this off..
The sera reactors are fantastic. Really good

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

Well, I may have to get one of those.

Any drawbacks of having such a low working pressure?

Well, I may have to get one of those.

Any drawbacks of having such a low working pressure?
Nope non at all. You'll find you'll use less gas too (lower bps) and also there's very little reduction in flow which I thought was good.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

I can't see the hose measurements anywhere... will it fit 15/20 hosing?

Averagewhitebloke,

This is it in action in my cabinet.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/70762733@N02/7110026011/in/photostream/
Not sure why it would say 1bar, it's not pressurised as it constantly has water flowing through it so any thing that gets pumped in would just exit the top. As such it has no back pressure but maybe be worth while knocking co2 off when the filter is not running, can't see why that would make a difference. If it filled up with co2 it would just gurgle out the top.
Never had any issues with leaks or heard anyone else using one say they have either. The two things that are a problem if you like are when it has been running for a while it tends to get difficult to unscrew the main body from the prop head at the top without worrying about using too much force. I solved this by putting a little bit of petroleum jelly on the thread when assembling and the small plastic make adapter where you connect the co2 tubing to at the top is one piece moulded to the body so if you snap this off you're screwed and it's quite brittle!
What I did there is use soft tubing instead of hard and put a check valve further up the line so when I want to take it out the system I disconnect the check valve and not off the reactor. Stay well away from it. I've never personally broke one using this method but I hear of people that have.

so tempted to go back to my reactor right now :meh:

Back