• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help needed choosing plants

Wulfen

My Aquascaper 900 and associated equipment, lights, Co2 etc should be arriving on Monday.
I thought now would be a good time to start looking at what plants to add to the system.
I will be creating a jungle island aquascape with water on the soft side and South American fish.
I will be using lots of river wood and Leopard stone around edges of the island to separate the Tropica soil from the open areas of Kivu sand.
I would like to try and grow a carpet of Elatine hydropiper towards the edges of the island and in between the stones.
I really like Eriocaulon cinereum and would like some as a midground plant.
I intend to tie or glue lots of mosses, possibly java moss to the vertical wood with some very small broader leaved plants also attached to the wood.
I would also like some delicate small fern-like plants.
Could I please get some suggestions for other foreground/midground/background plants that would be suitable in this setup?
Many thanks.
System:
Evolution Aqua The Aquascaper 900 Tank L90cm x W50cm x H45cm (186ltr)
Twinstar LED Aquarium Light 900S
Oase 600 thermo
Aquarium CO2 Kit Pro-SE Complete System
Ei dosing
Rough layout image below:

Attachments

• aquascaper 900 layout.png
    aquascaper 900 layout.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 83
For the wood anubias nano petite or bucephalandra. Anubias are more bomb proof but buces come in a wider range of colour/leaf shapes. Fern like = bolbitis.

I'd look through the journal section and see what you like the look of when it's growing under water in a real tank. The pictures in the shop catalogues can make things look quite different.

For the wood anubias nano petite or bucephalandra. Anubias are more bomb proof but buces come in a wider range of colour/leaf shapes. Fern like = bolbitis.

I'd look through the journal section and see what you like the look of when it's growing under water in a real tank. The pictures in the shop catalogues can make things look quite different.
Many thanks, tam. Both species of plant you mention are really nice.

Back