• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help.... can anyone ID this plant for me

rainbowhead

Seedling
Hi all,
Saw this plant in a lfs yesterday and tried to find it online. But couldn't, like the look of it and would be interested to know what it is.

Cheers.
ca26866e8fe0fb5463153a53e62326e6.jpg

I think it's some kind of Echinodorus...they're a very diverse group with lots of cultivars - perhaps the most diverse in the international aquatic plant industry.
Maybe a Dschungelstar (jungle star) variety? I'm sure someone with a more intimate knowledge will soon chime in.

Thanks guys. This plant seems to branch out across the substrate. No height to it at all which would be great for me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Both those plants you have mentioned seem to grow tall. Could it be down to the light intensity keeping it hugging the ground?

Does anybody know for sure what this plant is?

I can't tell you exactly which - but Echinodorus it defenitely is. The reason, it is impossible to positively ID this plant:
This is a seriously starved plant :mad:.....which means it would look different in healthy condition. Likely much taller and different colour.

Could very well be an Ech. opacus.
Still very transparent, though, mine are all much darker with only veins being this light green.

Just a guess on my part. Last time I saw that plant offered online it was way too pricey for me. I just remembered the white veins.

If this is still of interest......I came over Echinodorus apart, today. Comes quite close to this appearance.

It's one of Hans Bart's ( nursery in Dessau, Germany) numerous crossings. Ech. apart is a cross of E. uruguayensis x E. portualegrensis. Released in 1994.

Back