• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello!

Hi Stuart!

Yeah Billy no mates on the replies on this! Interesting on the drop checker as it's on the opposite side of the tank. I'm dosing around 2 bubbles per second (I measure my bubbles with an underwater tape measure, honest!). I do ferts each day with EI dosing but I can never gauge to how much so either dose the norm or overdose so what I've done today is order some Seachem Potassium, Iron and Flourish and will give that a go. I think the brown algae may have come about from having the LED on at a too high intensity, interested to hear what level of the dimmer you have yours on. Also, I had a 3D background of which I think restricted flow and harboured crap behind it, fish and basically was a pain in the wrasse so I pulled it out and upset the substrate so with the light and that must of caused it with the release of nutrients and toxins. I've cut back all the plants and removed a lot of the infected parts of the plants and currently treating with a trusted anti algae Esha Protolon 707 which I've used in the past with BGA. Where do you suggest I put the drop checker? I've got it at opposite ends of the tank thinking it's best suited there to gauge overall CO2 dispersion... thanks for your reply dude, much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Matty

Yeah my Lighting isn't adjustable mate, its either on or off. Also my drop checker is on the opposite side to diffuser and wave maker, but it's positioned around 2 thirds depth. Originally it was just under the surface showing a lovely lime green but i wasn't getting alot of growth in plants so repositioned it out of curiosity, it turned back deep blue so i cranked up the co2 a little and everything came alive.
Sorry i cant be more specific dude, I'm only sharing my limited experiences.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Cheers Stuart!

Interesting. I think a lot of the time we just slap these things in place and expect them to work. As soon as I switch my co2 back after the course of the algae treatment is up I'll have a play with the drop checker. Interested to hear how you add the co2 to your tank, is it via diffuser or reactor?

Kind regards
Matt

Hi Matt
Welcome to the UKaps:thumbup:
Please ask relevant questions in the dedicated forums....you will receive more and quicker reply's!
Regards
hoggie

Eek thanks Hogan53 but through my desperation I'm yet to learn how to upload my questions and just used any way of getting advise! Thanks for the heads up

Back