• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello

Just thought I'd actually post instead of just reading, of which I've been doing a lot of lately.

I was directed here by George Farmer after asking him a couple of questions on Twitter and now I'm spending so much time here reading everything I wish I'd never asked in the first place. ;)

Currently waiting for a bit of a break in work to start setting up a new tank in the studio. I've been shopping around for loads of bits, ei: new filter, regulator/solenoid, pipework, connections, etc etc.

I have a small cube that houses rummy noses over a rockscape but I broke down a bigger lo tech planted tank that held a breeding pair of apistos. They are now swimming with the rummy noses and a load of plants I hope will stay healthy long enough for the change. Their original home is the tank that will get the full co2 treatment. Hopefully they will carry on breeding in the new tank.

Disaster. I arrived at the studio this morning to find there had been a power cut last night. The small tank housing the Rummynoses and my lovely breeding pair of Apistos obviously couldn't retain it's temperature for long enough and they were all gorn this morning. The studio is unheated over the weekend and being an old building with single glazing was probably about -5 last night (It doesn't feel much higher now with the heating on).

I will still be setting up my hi tec tank as I have most of the equipment now, just need to source a cheap bottle of co2 and maybe some new wood. I'll get myself more Apistos once it's matured as I'm fairly addicted to them. Being based in West London there are no decent aquarists shops nearby so in the past I ordered my fish from Tyne Valley Aquatics, they have always been far better than anything I've seen in local shop tanks.

Onwards and Upwards.

Back