• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello

MrLiam

Seedling
Hi im new to the forum ive kept marines but I had to sell up because I ran out of money :lol:
So im looking to get advice on a small planted nano ;)

Hi im new to the forum ive kept marines but I had to sell up because I ran out of money

I think you've come to the wrong place, it's a common misconception that freshwater tropical tanks are cheaper. Trust me I've also kept marines they are far simpler and cheaper than trying to capture a perfect planted microcosm in a glass bucket. :crazy:

Good luck on your new journey. :)

Troi said:
Hi im new to the forum ive kept marines but I had to sell up because I ran out of money

I think you've come to the wrong place, it's a common misconception that freshwater tropical tanks are cheaper. Trust me I've also kept marines they are far simpler and cheaper than trying to capture a perfect planted microcosm in a glass bucket. :crazy:

Good luck on your new journey. :)

Dont scare him off Troi :lol: , granted my large tanks have hurt my wallet more than my marine but my nano and previous iwagumi (now marine) were under £100 per tank.

Nanos can be very cheap, personally mine was from MA 40lt for £40 and the light is absolutely ideal for a low tech tank.
Like any hobby the cost can spiral unless controlled :thumbup:

Go for it but do agree that it is harder to get a planted tank right.

Welcome to the board, you've already made a good start by coming here.

Well said Iain and AverageWhiteBloke. In fact MrLiam you couldn't be in better hands than this lot, I've never come across such a knowledgeable and helpful bunch.

Thanks for the great welcome everyone :thumbup:
Im sure I can find some extra money to get the tank right ;)

MrLiam said:
Thanks for the great welcome everyone :thumbup:
Im sure I can find some extra money to get the tank right ;)

less about the ££££ more of the :idea: :idea: :idea:
you'll be fine, a wealth of knowledge is available here with friendly people dispensing it.
Top tip - dont buy anything yet, ask here first and you'll only buy once! :thumbup:

I have Ideas I was thinking of doing a Betta splenden biotope tank but have decided against it as it will be hard to source the plants where I live. So I was thinking of doing a tank similar to this-

(Not sure what I would need ideally I don't want to run C02.

Good advice. I don't think the hobby is neccasarily expensive. Like geezer says find out your requirements and get the right stuff form the onset. I have tried to save money then ended up having loads of stuff that was no good. Saved a penny cost a pound. A lot of your marine stuff will crossover as well.

Great I guessed about the HC and ill start a thread about my ideas after the Saints match.

Back