• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello - I'm New To Aquascaping

Fireman77

Hello. My name is Greg. I am an artist but now retired. I have recently returned to aquarium keeping after many years. I now have a marine reef aquarium but decided, as a keen gardener, I would like to try under water gardening in small vessels that could be kept around my home. Following some online research I purchased items to start my first aquascape and planted up a 30cm square glass tank for display in my studio. My main interest is to have these aquascapes as plants only in items like the old style fish bowls and clear glass vases. Having said that, I am considering add some small fish like Minnows to my 30cm square tank I just set up. As a beginner to the hobby with an inquisitive mind I am always looking for information and look forward to answers and advice to questions I might post on the forum.

I look forward to meeting some of you albeit online.

Greg 👍

Mike, thank you for the welcome. Question - In your forum photograph I assume that the aquascaped bowl is one of your creations. Please could you tell me where I could purchase bowls like that and others?

Greg 👍

Please could you tell me where I could purchase bowls like that and others?
Try IKEA as well they often have a range of glass vases or containers that can be repurposed. Also, try charity shops, they usually have a bric-à-brac section with various glass bowls etc.

Thank you Bazz for your welcome. Concerning seeing some of my creations, I'm not so sure. I might get laughed at! 😁

Thank you bazz for the encouragement. I am sure that my creations with a bit of tweaking (and a long growing period :)) will look reasonably presentable for first attempts.

Try IKEA as well they often have a range of glass vases or containers that can be repurposed. Also, try charity shops, they usually have a bric-à-brac section with various glass bowls etc.
I got a glass/crystal container from a charity shop, it looks like a tropica aquacube if it was 13cm! a very good use of £5

Thank you for the suggestion. I have had a look at Ikea and have found some vessels that interest me. So that may be a good place to start. As I live in a rural area I will have a look in the charity shops next time I am in town. That's why I like to buy online if I can. Thanks again.

Your new here and to Aquascaping.
Im not new here and still feel new to Aquascaping.
Its an ongoing project!

Welcome, your in a good place.

Si

Back