• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Surrey

AllyDM

Hi All,

I am somewhere south of Guildford in the wilds of Surrey.

Just a quick note to say "Hello" as I have just found this forum.

I am currently in the process of cycling my first ever tank. It's a 130L, 90cm setup and because I used to be an engineer, I am going for a high tech setup. In for a penny, in for a pound...

I have inline CO2 injection, running at about 2 bubbles per second, with a nice healthy green in the drop checker. The lighting is currently the bog standard LED strip than came with the tank, but I have a 90cm Chihiros WRGB 2 Pro light arriving this afternoon. Filtration is an Oase Biomaster Thermo 350 external canister filter with 3Kg of BioHome in it (plus some sponge) and the tank is currently at 26C.

Anyway, I am here because I saw some lovely aquascapes on the web and got interested. I wondered if I could do that, so thought I would give it a go. The tank is now 2 weeks into the cycle and has no fish yet. Plant stock is varied - lots of moss and fern and I am trying to grow Dwarf Baby Tears as a foreground carpet plant. I also have a bunch of Crypts, as well as some Rotala and Anubias at the back. Everything seems to be growing fairly happily so far, apart from the dwarf baby tears which is struggling a bit -- hence the LED light upgrade....

I also have some Rotala Rotundifolia H'ra and some more Dwarf Baby Tears arriving today to beef things up a bit.

The substrate in the tank is 10L of Tetra Complete, covered in lots of Fluval Stratum aquasoil, so hopefully a good environment for my plants to thrive.

So that's me - I am hoping to learn a lot here!

1698829962196.png

Back