• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from sunny Lisbon, Portugal - and my first planted tank ever :)

Proenca

Seedling
So after 15 years of keeping aquariums, I did the usual : simple tank, then cichclids, then african cichclids , jumped to nano reef, big reef tank, coral propagation, clownfish breeding ( premna bieaculatus ) and then.. big halt.

Moved abroad quite a bit so didnt want to setup a tank to break it down after a few months or a year. Now back home ( Portugal ) and got married so... SWMBO dictates the rules and she said "fresh water - I want plants and discus fish".

Bit of a shock since its the two things that I never ever had - so I decided to try with a small tank, plants, and this is my first effort in 20 years to keep a planted tank. Discus will come after but with a 120liter tank is impossible to keep discus fish on it.. will get onto that when I get the bigger tank.

Having a lot of fun, reading a lot ( Estimative Index and all that jazz, that is how I found UKAPS ) , so before I setup a larger tank, I want to try with this smaller one to see how plants react to different currents, lights, ferts, positions, trimmings and so on.

Hope to learn with all of you, lurked a while here before setting up the tank !

cheers from ex Londoner and now Lisboner !

here is the journal of my tank : http://www.ukaps.org/forum/posts/402884/

Bem vindos :) we are building quite a nice Portuguese community here :) might have to start a Portuguese forum soon haha ;)

Thanks for sharing your journal :)

Abraco
Paulo

Back