• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello from Edinburgh

haytch

Seedling
Hi Everybody I am so glad I found UKAPS.org . Some fantastically inspiring posts by members and a wealth of knowledge here . I am new to freshwater. I'm from the Bahamas and used to own/operate my own custom aquarium business there putting marine tanks into offices ect ect. What I want to know is where can I order an assortment of easy to grow plants for my first fresh tank here in Edinburrrrrgh. Can someone give me a recommendation and a link please ? Thanks for any help.

Hi there!

A good range of plants can be purchased online from some of the Sites sponsors (have a look in the sponsor forums).

There is usually quite a good selection of aquatic plants to be had in around the Edinburgh area if you want to physically browse before buying.

Front runner is Fishkeeper Scotland (Maidenhead Aquatics) it is in Edinburgh Mills in Leith (off Bonnington Rd), they usually have quite a good selection of plants from Aquafleur. Staff are great in there, really friendly and have a keen interest in the hobby, I'd visit this first.

Pets @ Home in either Newcraighall or Corstorphine sell plants from the Tropica 1-2 Grow range. (Corstorphine branch has always been BBA hell when I go in, so I visit it very rarely).

Dobbies Garden Centre do a range of aquatic plants in the aquarium section, it's just south of the bypass at the Sheriffhall Roundabout. Bit of a trek to get there but it's definitely worth a look.

You can get plants from Nemos World in Abbeyhill (near Meadowbank stadium), not a great selection mind, friendly helpful staff.

:)

Thanks so much X3NiTH - most appreciated - think I will check out the Maidenhead in Leith , I like friendly staff !!:happy:

Back