• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hello all, just signed up in Lincolnshire.

Hi All,

Just signed up, not a newcomer to fishkeeping and planted tanks though. I have two Trigon 190ltr corner tanks, one is a community tank and the other has been set up more recently and will eventually be for Discus.

This is the Community tank which has been running for some time now....

W5Z0E36.jpg

And this is going to be the Discus tank as it's not so heavily planted...

6EuDPJH.jpg

I'm using pressurised Co2 in both tanks, the substrate has a base layer of coco peat with Tetra Complete over it and capped with a good layer of sand - applies to both tanks.

Also, good to have someone else from the shire. We have magic water in them there hills.

The kind you use a hammer and chisel to drink? ;)

Martin took some Cory off me, apparently they have to swim slower in lincs water!!!!

Also, good to have someone else from the shire. We have magic water in them there hills.

Yep, liquid rock!

And I'm planning on keeping Discus without RO water - bit of a challenge!

Yea, I've got a TDS meter but I'm going to get an HMA filter to improve the TDS, after that I'll be buying Stendker Discus from Mark at Devotedly Discus - way down south! be a few weeks yet before I buy them though, Mark has assured me they will be fine in our hard water.

Back