• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Heater Failed ?

When using a smaller heater there is one concern, if its a larger tank 4ft++ the temp at each end will be different.

Would it be that much difference with the water circulation - I haven't tried it? I'm not sure it would bother the fish to have a slight variation. I've always thought it's a bit weird how stable we keep the temperature. You can ramp lights up and down and change intensity, but heaters aim is a fixed temperature for the whole tank 24/7 - not cooler in deeper water, in shade or overnight.

Edvet
In Australia the water temperature can vary greatly over the seasons one lake is an excellent trout fishing location it freezes in the winter and in the hot summer months the water is rather warm.

Keith:wave::wave:

My hydor in-line heater failed. Luckily I buy crap I don’t need all the time and had several eheim jaegers sitting in their box in the cupboard.

Back