• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hc starting to melt again and smaller repens too.

Are you sure you've got enough CO2 in there at 1bps? From those pictures the drop checker liquid looks more like dark green than lime green to me.

Definitely think that's an area of issue mate yeah. Do you know if having the cylinder on its side affects the pressure? I've noticed sometimes it's lower than I set it to with the valve but wasn't sure why. Might force it upright. I think it's pretty lime green I'll take another shot when I get in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely think that's an area of issue mate yeah. Do you know if having the cylinder on its side affects the pressure? I've noticed sometimes it's lower than I set it to with the valve but wasn't sure why. Might force it upright. I think it's pretty lime green I'll take another shot when I get in!
CO2 cannisters have gas and liquid CO2 in them, so if the cylinder is not designed to be used horizontally you should have it upright at all times (when in use).

It's a welding one mate so assume upright had a complete mare tonight and the impeller went in my filter! Had to set up a temporary ghetto pump attached the filter return to keep things ticking over in there - nobody can get me an impeller til Monday either doh! Might invest in another external filter for better flow think this ones only kicking 350lph so could upgrade to a 700 or so. Being under the counter doesn't help I know! Tank is 22l nano so not sure 350lph is enough.

c5a9b7bca2f2610b4ec74be83de1a8f9.jpg
dd88fad6f92e2b7f3bb1f032d12729c8.jpg
834a48196962c3bdf8e0eb6783a81ec5.jpg

Read tonnes of articles online about melting and my symptoms and it's all pointing to lack of ferts. Found a pic of my tank last July and looked amazing so I think I'll start dosing Flourish again and see what happens! Cheers

aQJXRKX.jpg

This is actually a long overdue shrimp tank which I kept postponing transferring shrimps into because of laziness.

So ... I turned it into an experimental tank where I OVERdosed heavily on macros and iron. Got lots of algae as expected since the plant load is only limited to the substrate but the HCs themselves are looking very green and nice. Pearling happily too.

Anyway, if yours is yellowing, I'd say check your CO2 if you're using any, make sure there's good flow across the substrate because the denser your carpet is, the poorer the water flow through the carpet and fertilize. Can't remember where I read that iron's important and I happen to have a bagload of it so I practically overdosed them by more than 10x easily.

I'm not using CO2 injection in mine by the way although I do drop in the highly doubted Chinese made CO2 tablets every now and then.

Thanks pal. Yeah current is very high co2 on pale green during lights and water always changed. Lights pretty high but not max to limit algae. Interesting not using co2. All relative I think as mine melted more since I upped current showing they are growing faster with lack of nutrients still. I only have a 22l so that's only .5ml a week of flourish! We shall see! Good luck with yours.

If you're not using any other fertilizers, you can triple Seachem's recommendation. Try that for a month and see. I know it slowly becomes expensive which is why serious farmers slowly move into dry ferts.

Even for me who's halfway across the world, it's still worth it to pay THREE times the cost of a tub of CSM + B to have one shipped over than to keep buying big name liquid ferts.

Back