• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HC help!

greenink

Would really appreciate help on what's going wrong with this HC:

HC%20diagnosis%201.jpg

(Have played with some image settings to get clearer contrast between old and newer leaves)

HC%20diagnosis%202.jpg

HC%20diagnosis%203.jpg

HC%20diagnosis%204.jpg

The tank is dosed full EI, has a lime green drop checker next to the HC, relatively high flow to these plants and good lighting (one Growbeam 500 and one T5).

It looks like the larger existing leaves are dying off, and that tiny green leaves are growing.

1. Is this normal? Is it due to being emersed when grown and 'conversion' to submerged growth?

2. Should I be trimming it down in any way? Concerned that if I do, I'll lose any of the new growth.

3. What other explanations are there?

Really grateful for any help.

cant help with your problem but what is the name of the music in your video?

I love classical but am no good at all with identifying pieces of music and I want that one.

I think the problem is CO2. Your spray bar is positioned at the left side and the co2 bubbles could possible not reach the HC, which is located at the right side at the bottom. It is better to put the spray bar at the back because back-->front is much shorter than left-->right. The bubbles will be pushed down by the front glass towards the HC.

How did you make that spraybar by the way?

GillesF said:
I think the problem is CO2. Your spray bar is positioned at the left side and the co2 bubbles could possible not reach the HC, which is located at the right side at the bottom. It is better to put the spray bar at the back because back-->front is much shorter than left-->right. The bubbles will be pushed down by the front glass towards the HC.

How did you make that spraybar by the way?

Think the CO2 is the problem - though the spraybar at one end should be fine (See Mark Evan's latest tank for example) if I had enough flow.

(I don't think visible bubbles are an issue - by the time the water gets there, the CO2 has dissolved.)

Have been travelling a lot recently, so little time to do anything, and maintenance has suffered. But have now added a new additional pump to improve flow so hoping it will get better. Here's where we are today:

Photo%2017-09-2011%2020%2005%2010%20%281%29.jpg

...needs quite a bit of work - but there are signs of new healthy growth too, so am optimistic!

mikeappleby said:
dazzer1975 said:
cant help with your problem but what is the name of the music in your video?

I love classical but am no good at all with identifying pieces of music and I want that one.

Bach Cello Suite No. 1 Prelude - the cello suites in general are lovely

:thumbup: top man appreciate the info mate.

Back