• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HC Cuba & Apple Snails

Verminator

I've put this here because i want the HC to thrive, not so much the snails. I've tried with this plant before and failed but on a recent visit to a LFS i decided to give it a go again. So far so good, new shoots and crawling growth over the bottom after 6 days. However alot of singular small leaves are floating, and each day more do so, leaving bare stems on the bottom. Now the issue might be none snail related ( i'm hoping not ). I see my apple snails gliding over the HC and all over the tank and i'm wondering if there nibbling is causing the leaves to weaken and fall off, or the snails are jsut finding them delicious and eating the stems. Does anyone have experience with apple snails and HC? If its a bad mix and the snails are the culprits then they'll cop it by being removed from the tank to another.

I so want the HC to thrive, its carpeting nicely and my snails (possibly) are ruinging it!

my apple snails were prone to 'gliding over', it didn't look like they were munching it, but using it as a 'leg up' to get onto the glass. It didn't last. The chunks that remained in the wool lasted longer, but the new growth didn't.

I think when I plant my lawn, i'll grow it suspended on a tray until it gets settled and more substantial and try it again. If not, i'll have to consider other 'lawn' plants

Back