• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hakkai stones Iwagumi, Viv 45p

CooKieS

Hi there,

New journal but the tank has already 6 months, well better late than never !

I rescaped my forest scape 6 month ago and decided it was time to do an iwagumi again after all these busy woody layouts.

Finally hakkai stones are available in Europe with an lovely selection at my favorite French shop so I bought a few. (A few he said)

Added about 12 liters of new tropica soil, 9 liters normal et 3 liters powder.

Made the scape in 20minutes and wasn’t happy about it, but I had to plant my eriocaulon feather duster that was from my previous mini S scape, before it dies in a bucket.

Added to this ; one pot of Eleocharis pusilla and one pot of hc Cuba.

2 weeks later I added the lovely danio erythromicron (my filter was already cycled ofc and I reused some of the old soil too, maybe 2 liters).

First shot before the upcoming rescape (sorry for the lame stone placement, this was made in a hurry).

IMG_2934.jpeg

Cheers
Thierry

Hi there,

New journal but the tank has already 6 months, well better late than never !

I rescaped my forest scape 6 month ago and decided it was time to do an iwagumi again after all these busy woody layouts.

Finally hakkai stones are available in Europe with an lovely selection at my favorite French shop so I bought a few. (A few he said)

Added about 12 liters of new tropica soil, 9 liters normal et 3 liters powder.

Made the scape in 20minutes and wasn’t happy about it, but I had to plant my eriocaulon feather duster that was from my previous mini S scape, before it dies in a bucket.

Added to this ; one pot of Eleocharis pusilla and one pot of hc Cuba.

2 weeks later I added the lovely danio erythromicron (my filter was already cycled ofc and I reused some of the old soil too, maybe 2 liters).

First shot before the upcoming rescape (sorry for the lame stone placement, this was made in a hurry).

I'm strange in that generally I really don't like Iwagumi much, however I really like ones with lots of tall grass and I love Hakkai stone, need to buy some myself at some point. I love this style of Iwagumi! Looks really nice, keep up the good work!

I'm strange in that generally I really don't like Iwagumi much, however I really like ones with lots of tall grass and I love Hakkai stone, need to buy some myself at some point. I love this style of Iwagumi! Looks really nice, keep up the good work!

As soon as I knew hakkai stones were available in Europe, I knew that I had to do an iwagumi again. It was my first scape when I start aquascaping back in 2015 and never tried it again so yeah, usually not an big fan but with some tweaks it can look cool, especially with tall grass at the back which gives cover to the fishes

Morning guys!

So here’s the scape after the stone placement modification. As you can see it’s very important in iwagumi and that’s why this style looks simple but is very difficult to achieve properly in reality; you only got a few stones to play with so best advice would be:
-always choose the best looking stones.
-take your time!
-take pictures, let the night pass, see if the next day the scape still looks goods to you.
-let it sit 4-5 days before flooding.
-make sure the stones are an bit higher than the soil, even the smaller ones because once the plant will grow (especially the carpeting ones) some small stones might disappear in it.

Cheers have a nice Sunday

Attachments

• IMG_3587.jpeg
    IMG_3587.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 57
Back