• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

H2O2

Greenview

Can anyone point me in the direction of a cheap supply of hydrogen peroxide? I am not sure of the strength that I need (3%, 6% etc) and how much it can be diluted so I am not sure where to start looking.
I have had enough of cleaning my ceramic diffusers with chlorinated bleach (or had enough of de-chlorinating it, to be more precise). Thanks.

Just the usual: rinse in water and then soak in water with prime; the only pain is rinsing inside the diffuser with a syringe, something I am keen on doing to stop a squirt of chlorine into the tank when reconnected. It is not a big deal, and I have happily done it for a while but I thought H2O2 would be even simpler.

Oh right, fair enough, I wouldnt worry too much about the inside of the diffuser, I never bothered with it and never had a problem as far as I know. One tip, if you hook the diffuser up to the co2 and turn it up side down the co2 pressure forces out any water thats inside the diffuser, which makes life easier. You could even fill the co2 turning with a bit of water and prine first so that this gets forced through the diffiser as well, which would mean you'd not have to use a syrine and might make it easier. Just a thought.

Some contact lens clear kits use H2O2 and I always noticed that that fizzed when I squirted the last few drops down the sink, so maybe give that a try? Its a 3% solution.

http://www.ocado.com/product/63936011

Sam

Thanks for that, Sam. That is a useful tip.
I was looking for a cheaper way to get H2O2 if possible, just trying to weigh cost up. Bleach is dirt cheap (and I do not use that much prime) so H2O2 might prove too much of a luxury to save little effort.

Do they? Well that was simple. I will try my local chemist. Thanks.

Back