• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green tinted water

johnjo

Hi all,

I have noticed over the last few days that my tank water is developing a green tint to it, is it an algae bloom and any idea if or what I should do about it?

The 35l tank is 2 weeks old with ADA Amazonia substrate. I was doing 50% daily water changes until 4 days ago when I started on 50% every 2 days. Ammonia levels are currently 1PPM due to substrate still leeching, nitrite has just started to show up at 0.25PPM. I'm using an 11w T5 lamp which is on 4.5 hrs a day. Ferts dosed @ 1.5 ml daily. External filter is 600ex and there is plenty of flow from spray bar. Medium plant mass.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
John

When I got a green tint to my water in my old tank, I put a new piece of fine filter floss in the filter and use API Accu-Clear to clear the water. I think it made what ever was causing the green to clump together and be filtered out by the filter.

After a day or so took out the rather green filter floss out and put back original floss.

Traced cause to failed light time switch leaving light on 24/7 :oops:

Back