• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green Pekoe Pond - 40 litres

Brillant tank mate lookiny very healthy also great jurnal and updates, keep them coming

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Hey Deano, glad you like my little tank. I was glued to your last journal, it was like a battle royal! Have to say, my version 1 was very simular story and have learnt so much over the past six months. I now understand, as long as you learn from the experience, every set back just builds up your knowledge base. I even give the tank a little sniff every day - it's amazing how the smell of the water changes with bits and bobs you do... I changed my ferts and it's given the tank a subtle smell of new leather. Don't know what this says but it's interesting if not a little strange. New books always get a sniff as well!

love the smell of books lol maybe sniffing is the future you can smell my tank tell me whats wrong co2 ferts etc ;) hopefully my 60p will work out great still not sure on layout but finishing cabinet and cracking on with scapes on my next 4 off as I am so indecisive would never make my mind up but if I do iwagumi and keep simple next tank could do wood then next layout island etc looking forward to it.thanks for the compliment and this was a great read so keep it up mate

As a complete novice I was thinking of starting with cherry shrimp and I'm making sure my tank ready for them. I was wondered if the following TDS readings would cause any issues to the little guys? I've been reading that sudden drops in TDS can cause them problems so I've decided to split my 50% weekly water change into two 25% changes. Does it look OK? (apart from the unknown day I missed a fert dose)

Cheers,

12901940325_c7371bde96_c_d.jpg

Attachments

• 12901940325_c7371bde96_c_d.jpg
    12901940325_c7371bde96_c_d.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 200
Thanks for the info, it puts my mind at ease before I bring the shrimps home today - after not keeping any inhabitants apart from a few weeks with my ramshorn snails, I wanted to make sure everyone would be as comfortable as possible. I think CRS are a long way off my skills for a while… I’m apprehensive enough with cherry shrimps!

Oh yes, the units are in ppm. Max 189ppm, Min 160ppm with about 15-18ppm drop at the waterchange and a 5-8ppm increase when the frets get dropped in.

Found some great info on here about acclimatising them with a drip over a few hours. I think I’m all set for some new pets today!

New plants! Made a lunchtime visit to Aquatic Design Centre and couldn't resist. I'm guessing the lovely red Ludwigia will turn green in a few weeks.

Only other developments: I got a bit OCD about my HC lawn piling up against the glass and gave it a bit of a clip - what a mess it made. I've been scooping out the bits for days.

13306689583_725c353a16_c_d.jpg

Looking good mate!
Thanks James!

Any ideas on how to keep the Ludwigia red? Anyone have any suggestions... I can see the new growth is already going green. I think it was originally the clippings from one of ADC's window tanks - it gets a lot of light there but I don't want to play with fire!

I forgot to amend the equipment list I'm running on version 2:

Tank: 45cm, 40ish litres
Light: Grobeam strip (5hrs, 50% power) Grobeam 1500 Ultima, 100% power, 7hrs, approx. 40cm above surface (with lampshade!)
CO2: Disposable 600g welding bottles, Up inline diffuser on filter intake outflow
Filter: Eheim Classic 2213 Eheim 2017 (Flow greatly reduced with 12/16 hose reducers)
Ferts: Aqua Essentials Neutro+ APF all in one
Substrate: Amazonia plus 50% inert black gravel (because I ran out of the expensive stuff)

Back