• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Green Lake, New York - Building a Freshwater Microbialite Reef

I don't have anything helpful to say for the project, but, 'woah, this is serious stuff!' I love that you include microscope images of plants. Its a new level of appreciation for their beauty that is new to me in the hobby having primarily been watching aquascaping type content, I'm just starting in on finding the treasures in this amazing forum. I can see myself getting into this scientific approach when my kids are a bit older; I've often stood in local rivers and imagined trying to successfully create a slice of one in an aquarium. There is something special about "connecting with nature" that is local/personal rather than bought to you from far off by the trade. Thanks for sharing this, I dig it!

I don't have anything helpful to say for the project, but, 'woah, this is serious stuff!' I love that you include microscope images of plants. Its a new level of appreciation for their beauty that is new to me in the hobby having primarily been watching aquascaping type content, I'm just starting in on finding the treasures in this amazing forum. I can see myself getting into this scientific approach when my kids are a bit older; I've often stood in local rivers and imagined trying to successfully create a slice of one in an aquarium. There is something special about "connecting with nature" that is local/personal rather than bought to you from far off by the trade. Thanks for sharing this, I dig it!

Love this. Mad, but excellent.

Thanks for having a look! I have more updates on the way. I might add livestock pretty soon.

Back