• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Grasstrack Sidecar Racing

So... I can't believe you can come up with soothing aquascapes after all that adrenaline :lol:

It's great that you guys have access to stuff and events like this. Good luck this year and don't forget to HOLD ON TIGHT 8)

flygja said:
So... I can't believe you can come up with soothing aquascapes after all that adrenaline :lol:

It's great that you guys have access to stuff and events like this. Good luck this year and don't forget to HOLD ON TIGHT 8)
Thanks Flygja :D

A quick update on the grasstrack for those interested.

I raced my first meeting on Sunday in Cullumpton, Devon.

Everything went well, I got 6th-6th-3rd-4th-3rd and was really happy to qualify for the B final.

We went out in the B final and led to first corner, on entering the corner, another competitor hit the side of us and consequently catapulted my passenger off of the bike and head first into the ground. I ran to my passenger (Nick) and the race was stopped. There were no signs of life and things were a little scary for 5 minuted before a pulse was found and he regained consciousness. An Air Ambulance was scrambled and Nick was collected and taken to Exeter Hospital with suspected neck damage and two broken arms.

We finished up at the track and made our way to the hospital to find out that Nick was ok but his arms were in a bad way. We got him sorted and drove the four hour journey home. Once home Nick was looked after by his mum. early in the morning he went to Coventry Hospital and had some more test and it turns out that he has a fractured neck and two broken arms. Not a great Sunday for poor Nick.

On the upside, he's ok and in good spirits, he's just disappointed that we never made the A final and he's not allowed to drink :lol:

Here are a few photos from before the accident.
25902_430486173377_614128377_548536.jpg

Who needs three wheels?
25902_430487738377_614128377_548542.jpg

dansquiffy.jpg

danswega2.jpg

danswega6.jpg

danswega9.jpg

danswegapost.jpg

I've been out and bought a new bike to replace my current one so forgive me if i'm not about much over the next couple of weeks as it's gonna be manic preparations!

Confirmed fixtures are as follows.

Friday 16th - Plymouth Speedway - 7:30PM (passengering)
Sunday 18th - Alcester, Warwickshire B49 5LS - 12:00 (passengering)
Sunday 25th - Wood Walton, Cambs. PE28 5YX - 12:00
Monday 3rd May - Ashorne. Warwickshire CV33 9QL - 12:00

Cheers

Hey folks, just a quick update.

I did my second meeting on Sunday in Huntingdon. It went really well and finished with a 3rd so i'm chuffed!
30140_387803512063_697497063_457526.jpg

As you can see, i managed to blag someone else to jump on and he finished the meeting with all his bones in tact, woo hoo! On a serious note, my previous passenger is doing very well, he still has some muscle issues and nerve damage but his neck is healing very well :thumbup:

I passengered in Alcester a couple of weeks ago as a favour and it was being filmed for Sky's Extreme Channel. They are airing three of our meetings on the Blood Sweat and Gears program. They have produced a teaser advert, the camera was strapped to my friends bike, Mark Cossar - the current British Champion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIU9nU8s ... r_embedded

Next meeting is Ashorne Nr Leamington Spa on Bank Holiday Monday.

Cheers

Aw crap Dan im at work this sunday,thats not too far from here would have loved to come over and take some pics,
good luck mate,and i hope your mate Nick recovers soon.
regards,john.

Aw crap,itsmy four days on over the bank holls,never mind I'm sure Steve and I can arrange something this summer to cme and see you smash yourself up :crazy: ,hopefully not dude,
have good wkend mate ,
regards john.

Feelin for you dude, it's not about workin on the bank holiday!

I'm racing almost every weekend till September so no doubt you'll get a chance to bring your camera down at some point :D

Looks cool as funk! :D

Dan Crawford said:
Theres Congleton on the 6th of June,

Nice, that's only bout an hour away. You gona come and stay at ours? We're going away the week before that till that Sunday but could be back in Chester for the Saturday. Wudn't miss seein you in an all in one for the world! :lol:

Becca

I'm racing almost every weekend till September so no doubt you'll get a chance to bring your camera down at some point

Keep posted with the dates and venues Danny boy.

Back