• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glosso and low light

jscoggs27

Hello, Quick question regarding glosso.
I have a glosso carpet established in my 60 litre that has grown fairly well with co2 liquid carbon and about 36 watts of t8. I would like to reduce the lighting down to a single tube 18W t8, due to available space in the new hood.
My plan was to either continue using co2 with lc or just stop the co2, and just dose lc. With this lower light will it be ok? Or is my glosso going to melt?
I dont mind a bit of vertical growth if thats the only issue. I'd rather not kill it though. I'm away for a few days so ive already set this up.
Can I expect catastrophe?
Thankyou

Hi,
All other things remaining the same, reducing the light intensity reduces the growth rate. Glosso seemingly has a higher light compensation point (LCP) than some other plants so as long as the PAR value remains above LCP then growth rate should be the only effect. Lowering the CO2 will also have a negative effect on growth rate. Gloss also has a higher CO2 compensation point so you can run into trouble here as well.

Cheers,

Thankyou for your reply.
I guess i'll just have to try it. I think i'll keep the co2 though to be on the safe side.

I have glosso in my 60 with no Co2 and its also doing well 24 watts of light...its not fast by any means but its alive and not dying.

Back