• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Glass Scratched.... can it be polished out ?

A

Antipofish

I have been looking at a few used tanks recently, but the ones I like tend to be over priced OR they are listed as "having a few scratches on the front glass".

Most times this is because a bit of grit gets stuck in those damned algae magnet cleaners :rolleyes: (which is why i never used one).

I am wondering if there is any way that minor scratches can be eradicated ?

Any suggestions would be welcome.

yes. You can buy a kit of graded powders . Using a small hand held drill or some such.

turn the tank round and use the back as the front? 9/10 times the back has no scratches just lots of algae stuck to it as its never been cleaned :)

You'll end up paying the same amount as for a new tank in the end and it won't look as new. :)
There are two things I'll never buy used: external filters and tanks and never a black rimmed tank even if it's brand new. :lol:

Mike

clonitza said:
You'll end up paying the same amount as for a new tank in the end and it won't look as new. :)
There are two things I'll never buy used: external filters and tanks and never a black rimmed tank even if it's brand new. :lol:

Mike

What makes you say that Mike ? As far as not buying external filters goes, I have no qualms about that at all. I have never had a problem, and everyone knows how many I have gone through. :lol:

Back