• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
Awesome little tank Daniel, disappointed i missed it until now. Good bit of inspiration too as been thinking of somthing similar for my 40 but with dragon stone.
A little back light would really bring out the natural bridge through the middle :)
Really lovely, looking forward to updates.

Dont forget to feed your ottos, in a small tank like this they will slowly diminish.

Reactions: DGR
Thanks Iain,

I've seen all of your past projects and they are all great, so I feel honoured when you say, you like my tank!

I am trying out with different vegetables now, which I left for a few minutes in boiling water : pepper, zucchini, carrot and cucumber. Yesterday and the day before the otos didn't show any interest. I've read today that it should be left for longer as 12 hours in the aquarium, and I didn't knew that before. I hope it will work better now.

Cheers,
Daniel

It deserves praise :)

Zucchini (courgette in the uk) is normally a winner. Can sometimes be as much as 24hrs before they show an interest... They like it mushy. Scoop the middle bit with seeds out though as they aren't keen o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi folks,

I should probably do a small update here too. Everything is growing nicely. The Bucephalandras too.. although I wish they can be a bit faster... If those grow up nicely before the end of the EAPLC I would deffinetely try my luck there.

The MMC and the HCC are finally beginning to take the look, that I've wanted in the beginning: the hanging lianas. But I should keep those under control, because they spread on the rocks and on the moss too widely. At the next water change I should trim those and the moss once more.

I've added 10 RCS, some Boraras Naevus and some small Clithon sp.

And that's all... Enjoy it and reply! I am always happy of any feedback!

18169809539_caa412367d_b.jpgNemesis by Daniel GR

18200971201_a2b25aa426_b.jpgThe new inhabitants by Daniel GR

Cheers,
Daniel

Hi guys,

I've decided to try my luck at the EAPLC and the AGA Competition this year with this layout. It's the first competition, that I'm entering, so I'm really curious about the opinions of the jury. It was a nice journey for me and I do love that one. Thanks for the help at the beginning! And here comes my last (for now) shot from the tank!

20869482908_ff3813f4b4_b.jpgNemesis

I am not sure if I'll make a completely new layout, or make some big changes at this one...

Verdant green :)

Is this tank still running?
- how did the M crenata do in this tank? I picked some up this morning, trying to decide if I want to interplant it ... have M 'Monte Carlo' & Ranunculus inundates - thanks for any thoughts on this

Hi alto,

The tank is still running, yes. I've decided not to take it apart and start something completely new. I will work on that one with some changes on the hardscape.
A quick preview:

21782945695_f7bf47b6b8_b.jpgExperiments on Nemesis

And now to your question.
The Marsilea crenata is somewhere in the tank, but unfortunately I can't find it anymore. The HCC/MMC is too offensive in growing rate and takes out really fast the whole area with soil. Another thing is that the Marsilea have those clover look-a-like leaves only emerse. Under water is just one leaf.

Cheers
Daniel

Hi all,

I want to keep you guys with the current situation. Yesterday I've bought some more wood and today I've designed it a bit (cutted a few branches, added some other etc.), to make it fittable to my layout and my idea. I do like layouts with strong presence of hardscape (Devil's throat is a good example). So...

21894494271_d95de860c5_b.jpg

I'm still thinking about the new plants, that I'm about to add... Perhaps some Buce's.. or some Anubias 'White' or should I stick with the moss (Riccardia or some from the rare Fissidens...) and plant it on the branches... New plants must be added in the background and some on the sides too.

I'm always open for suggestions.

Cheers, Daniel

Last edited:
Thank for the feedback Roy!

No, actually I bought it and it was the only one left there :D

Cheers, Daniel

Back