• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

General fish attrition

Miniandy

A query about attrition as I am slowly loosing fish.

Stocking is very low, the aquarium has had the following added:
April
Oto's x 3
Amano Shrimp x 10
Male guppies x 4
Back neon tetra x 5
Neon Tetra x 6
June/July
Nerite, bladder, Ramshorn and pest snails from either plants or purchases.
Crystal Red Shrimp x 12
Yellow Neocaridina x 20

However, since adding in the fish and shrimp I've noticed that I am a few down. I cant tell that its because there are so few fish that my impression is magnified, or if its something to concern? I am now down 2 x Neon's and 2 x Guppies. All Oto's and Black Neon's accounted for. I've never seen any dead, but they are defiantly not present. Shrimp wise its impossible to tell for certain, obviously, but impression is that the CRS appear to be all present as do the Amano's. I suspect that the Yellow neocaridina are down significantly, unless at a stretch they are buried and hiding. When first added I would see numerous of my yellow shrimp, I now struggle to find more than 3.

The aquarium started back in March with fish added in April and shrimp in June/July. The aquarium is 220l, has Co2 injection (@ approx. 25ppm), has an active substrate and is kept 22-23deg (summer temp permitting). Water wise its straight from the tap with appropriate de-chlorinator/conditioner with a KH of 2 and GH of 5 to 6. De-gassed its a PH of 7.2 and with Co2 on at its peak its 6.5 to 6.4. I feed a mix of flake and mini pellets (tetra).

The reason I'm asking is that I had intended to purchase more next week, but having noticed this morning I am another Neon down I am now slightly nervous.

Back