• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Garden standing around…

Is that some of the Lego Floral I spy.
It certainly is. We have a few and that is the succulent range 🤩

Absolutely stunning Ady!

Thanks
Matt
Cheers Matt, looking forward to your 900 being planted later this year 🙌🏻

Fantastic! Top notch! I love it!
Thank you 🙏🏻

Little update;
Im enjoying the two scapes and their contrasting styles. I feel I can run this journal as one for the two systems as they sit side by side and are both on garden stands 😂 For the most part they get imaged together.
The colours of the 60p offer a completely different feel to the green of the 75p NA.
The new scape has grown in really quickly without much trouble except for a bit of Cyanobacteria transferred from used hardscape. The cyano is on the decline now things are stabilising and the plants are thriving at three weeks old.
I think I’m looking forward to the challenges of stem and carpet trimming in the new scape, especially in a small space 😂….I need to do the first full trim very soon so it will quickly remind me of ‘trimmers finger’ ✂️😬😂
The 75 is also in need of a trim and thin to get some shape back and highlight the negative spaces again. I always put it off as I find this more challenging to get right, taking too much, or from the wrong areas can have a big and longer lasting impact on a slower growing scape.
Anyway, pipes and glassware to sort first so maybe the trimming can wait….🤣

EC66B337-1A9C-4467-A060-BC2B71C3BBE5.jpeg

9096F3B1-0B09-4D14-8D68-9C65F6496475.jpeg

Cheerio,

Looks absolutely amazing. I’ve just setup a tank with wood coming out of water and want to improve light. Where did you get the light stand from? Also does it need to be fixed to stand?

They look so good next to each other, works of art!
Thanks Conor 🙌🏻

Looks absolutely amazing. I’ve just setup a tank with wood coming out of water and want to improve light. Where did you get the light stand from? Also does it need to be fixed to stand?
Thank you, the light arms are ADA Solar RGB arm stands and yes they need to be fixed to the stand 😃
Have you started a journal for your new tank? It would be good to see it.

Cheerio

Thanks Conor 🙌🏻

Thank you, the light arms are ADA Solar RGB arm stands and yes they need to be fixed to the stand 😃
Have you started a journal for your new tank? It would be good to see it.

Cheerio
Thank you. Not yet but plan to get something up this week. I’m new to the planted aquarium world as I’ve always had reef tanks so learning lots everyday.

Tanks look superb as always Ady!

I love the Schefflera plant at the rear of the tank - I' trying to think if there is a way I can add one to my tank - I'd have to try and rig something up that so that the lava rock was suspended only slightly into the water while the plant and roots were out of it.

Tanks look superb as always Ady!

I love the Schefflera plant at the rear of the tank - I' trying to think if there is a way I can add one to my tank - I'd have to try and rig something up that so that the lava rock was suspended only slightly into the water while the plant and roots were out of it.
Thanks @Wookii
I wouldn’t worry too much about the roots being in water also, the roots on mine sit in the water tray. I know @Horizon Aquatics have one sat in betta display tank and it is doing great.

Update:
I carried out the 75p trim over the weekend, I removed a lot of bolbitis, microsorum, hygrophila sp. Tiger and Java moss.
The tank was suffocating itself somewhat with plant mass, resulting in poor distribution and light penetration. This has meant that the moss in particular has suffered, becoming leggy and detatched. Hopefully now with the mass removed then the plants will have better access to co2, other fertiliser and light and the moss may grow better again…
Anyway, here’s a before and after shot to show the result. I will do the 60p this week and try to show a similar before and after for that also.

IMG_5917.jpeg

IMG_6033.jpeg

Cheerio

Hey, it’s been a while, here’s a link to a little update video of the two tanks;

Things are going reasonably well, the 60p is still growing in to its full potential and another trim or two should see the stems in peak shape. There is some green spot algae and a little cyano along the front substrate line but nothing that I can’t live with. I’ll try upping fertilisation and co2 and see if it helps.
The 75p is choking itself a little with the moss being hit in particular. I recently removed it from most of the branches and have re tied some with fresh. The lower regions under the ferns have all but disappeared so I’ve also added in some anubias to brighten up these areas. It may be time for a change with this scape but it will have to wait for the new year now with a busy time of year approaching. I think I may try stripping the plants, adding new substrate and going with a different planting style with the existing hardscape in this one.

A couple of recent images also:
513349CE-CA65-416D-8667-DA3A99100A0E.jpeg

B366FE54-E5C8-48CF-AA4F-9651EB8A9BF6.jpeg

8D33331F-0339-4B40-A35A-F541F7BDB6A6.jpeg

87AE0A34-C8FC-4BDE-85D4-33DFCFC9F071.jpeg

2AED5B87-4A4F-4AD4-944F-871CEAE10F2E.jpeg

EF433EE1-3931-4008-AED2-DBDCB9CDDAA7.jpeg

Cheerio
Ady

Looking great Ady, Love the image of your cat looking in to the tank. Reminds me of our old cat, Scruffy; must be a tuxedo cat thing :)
Sadly he passed away a couple of weeks ago. Had a good innings for a cat though, over 18 years old.

1701796505508.png

Wow very nice!

Hey, it’s been a while, here’s a link to a little update video of the two tanks;

Things are going reasonably well, the 60p is still growing in to its full potential and another trim or two should see the stems in peak shape. There is some green spot algae and a little cyano along the front substrate line but nothing that I can’t live with. I’ll try upping fertilisation and co2 and see if it helps.
The 75p is choking itself a little with the moss being hit in particular. I recently removed it from most of the branches and have re tied some with fresh. The lower regions under the ferns have all but disappeared so I’ve also added in some anubias to brighten up these areas. It may be time for a change with this scape but it will have to wait for the new year now with a busy time of year approaching. I think I may try stripping the plants, adding new substrate and going with a different planting style with the existing hardscape in this one.

A couple of recent images also:
View attachment 213321

View attachment 213322

View attachment 213323

View attachment 213324

View attachment 213325

View attachment 213326

Cheerio
Ady

Happy New Year 🥳

Cool to see you on MJ Aquascaping @Ady34
Thanks, he’s a really nice guy and makes very nice videos 🙂
Looking great Ady, Love the image of your cat looking in to the tank. Reminds me of our old cat, Scruffy; must be a tuxedo cat thing :)
Sadly he passed away a couple of weeks ago. Had a good innings for a cat though, over 18 years old.

View attachment 213545
Ah, sorry to hear mate, I think our Smudge has numbered days now, she’s 19. Like you say a very good innings.
I was also thinking @Ady34 had stolen my cat! Mine loves to sit watching me at water change time.
Smudge is never far from the tanks, most of my images have her either drinking from the tank or laid out infront of them….
682DE665-D0D6-4C8E-A899-628B73643407.jpeg

Wow very nice!
Thank you 🙏🏻

A couple of recents….
With MJ…
CAD4199D-CDD5-4244-9833-A79244D32DCD.jpeg

and last night the 60p alone…
IMG_1074.jpeg

Cheerio

Wow! Look at those aquariums! Who needs a TV?!!

Back