• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

GA in-store display 120P Iwagumi - Fly above the giant cliff

Re: GA in-store display 120P Iwagumi

Your store project is really amazing.. :clap:

the 120p as well of course!

Have you checked KH level?(assuming you change 50% water once a week)
because I use the same stone(i think)35K on 220L,and my KH is around 13-14d :?

Thanks,
dror.

Tom said:
russchilds said:
Amazing :) I love the 3 30L tanks!
So do I :) Out of interest Viktor, how much CO2 do you inject to these?
Tom
We have one 2 kg bottle powering all three nano-s with T-branches and needle valves dividing the gas... We had to mess around a lot to keep them steady, actually killing two Festo needle valves in the process. Turned out they were not very happy with the bigger pressure that came through the reducer. Anyway, we just looked at the bubble counters and tried to provide as much gas as possible without damage to the fish. (No drop checker in the tanks). Hard thing to keep all three at even levels...

(I will check the KH for sure...)

Thanks guys for the nice words, they mean the world to us!

Absolutely stunning shop and stunning display tanks....... count me in for a UKAPS visit! :lol: Great work guys, well done!

Cheers guys, thanks for your kind words and feedbacks :thumbup: :angelic:

Today before i left the shop i made a photo from this iwagumi.
No tripod, no prepping just a quick capture from the HC field ;)

I can not believe it. i just trimmed the carpet last thusday and a week after the carpet again needed to trim. this is crazy! we have much more work with this tank then with the stem one. :crazy: ;)

5537209035_17104a9d79_b.jpg

Mark Evans said:
Proper ADA!!!! :thumbup: .
Apparently they don't grow HC :p Proper Green Aqua ;)

Amazing, stunning tank! :) :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks guys, i really can not believe how HC could grow like this.

In the past when i had HC that was kind of a soft thing, was sensitive for trimming. Sometimes yellow leaves here and there or smaller leaves. empty patches, or got rot quickly if i forgot to trim on the bottom. But here, it's like a garden grass carpet. 1 cm height approx and so dense that it's resist for pushing, trimming etc. like a big brush with these small leaves. :D No yellow leaves even on the bottom layer. When i trim it stays beauty as is. Not release itself from the soil.

I will do a short vid on trimming as you really have to see this thing. Not only the trimming but the resistance for any other actions.

i never say that, but i think we maxed out the possibility with this plant. this is the best form of the HC it just can't be better (just be used ina more creative way :D ).

we were lucky as it turned out really.

keymaker said:
Issues with AM1000 are these:

1. Due to the 9-12-16 mm decreasing size of its ends, if you plug it to a 16/22 hose it is advisable to cut the narrowing ends to keep the flow, so you basically keep only the 16/22 diameter on both ends of the reactor.
2. You need to use those metal hose-clamping things (whats it called in EN?) to fasten the hoses to both ends, it will leak otherwise.
3. You need to replace the factory plastic "bio balls" (hard to get them out, but it can be done) with something that restricts the flow a lot less (I used the grey anti-mosquito window-mesh).
4. The small degas-tap has to be changed to something of quality - the orig tends to leak.
5. You need to fasten both screws at the two ends. They come loose. :?

Do these and you'll get a much better flow. My conclusion is based on working with 5 of these AM reactors. (A 5-step improvement on a commercial product? Come-on AquaMedic... :( )

Cheers for this tip. I'm forwarding this to a friend having massive flow issues with his AM.

viktorlantos said:
Thanks guys, i really can not believe how HC could grow like this.

In the past when i had HC that was kind of a soft thing, was sensitive for trimming. Sometimes yellow leaves here and there or smaller leaves. empty patches, or got rot quickly if i forgot to trim on the bottom. But here, it's like a garden grass carpet. 1 cm height approx and so dense that it's resist for pushing, trimming etc. like a big brush with these small leaves. :D No yellow leaves even on the bottom layer. When i trim it stays beauty as is. Not release itself from the soil.

I will do a short vid on trimming as you really have to see this thing. Not only the trimming but the resistance for any other actions.

i never say that, but i think we maxed out the possibility with this plant. this is the best form of the HC it just can't be better (just be used ina more creative way :D ).

we were lucky as it turned out really.

It looks amazing.

I've fallen in love with HC again after getting it going in my corner tank for the first time. Even under lower lighting and on innert sand it just keeps growing. I trim mine once a month and give it a really hard cut back but no issues with it.

The previous experience i had in a nano with HC ended with a big melt due to CO2 and dosing fluctuations in the small water column. Nothing like that happening in the larger tank thank god.

best regards,
john

re : trimming -

I think you find it easier to trim the iwagumi then the jungle setup i have. Takes me ages to try and get all the loose HC from all the moss and stems. I look forward to your video on your technique.

cheers guys. like i promised before i did not forget to turn on the camera today on the trimming.

the tank is 8 weeks old now. this is the 3rd time when we trim this carpet beast.
i can't tell you how dense is this field, but probably something is visible in the next video.

the following few minutes only demonstrate the first few minutes of the work. the whole trimming taken 1 hour in this tank. we trimmed half height of the hc this time, but the rest still feels like a rubber carpet. :D

last time i do used a borneo w. wave scissor, so this time i gave a chance to the ADA pro tool. Man, i know this is pricey, but the difference between the 2 thing is like earth and the moon. The ADA stuff is amazing ;)

hope you will enjoy it:

I can't believe you just made me want a pair of scissors so much. I've resorted to using small kids ones for my corner tank because the angle is so awkward for the longer aquarium scissors i have.

Looking ace.

Very sexual scissors! They look similar to the Nude ones UKAPS is/was selling. The shrimp are so funny, moving in almost immediately do see what there is to eat.

Lovely looking tank Victor, I'm extremely jealous!

Thanks for sharing the video Viktor, I just purchased the exact same pair of scissors at Vivarium and after seeing this video I am glad I did also, look forward to using them and good to see how to trim the HC too ;) will come handy soon.

Great work guys :)

cheers guys,

i had a trimming time today on this scape. this was the 4th in the row which is frequent i guess compare to the january 29th start. 3 weeks after the last trim when i did the video above.

This time i kept a few leaves around the stones. Not sure how this will look, but i wanted to try it. Easy to see how much i had to trim from the original height. Around 1-1.5cm in height.

The carpet is too dense to trim more. It's like a rubber.
This is how it looked like after the trimming.

5619824000_0c6fd45535_b.jpg

around 2 kg of HC leaves ... :D

5619233079_bb645f6f00_b.jpg

we have 100 amanos in this tank now. 20 larger and 80 smaller ones approx. sometimes the traffic is huge ;)

5619237103_5f34e5d251_b.jpg

5619825302_8cf2f6397c_b.jpg

but they help a lot to clean the carpet all the time. :angelic:

thanks for watching guys. :angelic:
all your feedbacks are welcome.

Back