• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fungal infection; possible Lymphocystis?

Andrew Butler

Hello,
Doing a water change today and came across a dwarf otto with a growth on it; I took some photos best I could but as always don't show things well enough.
It's a kind of off white lump, maybe with a slight cauliflower type patternation which I only noticed today and the look is what has made me question Lymphocystis.
I've not noticed any unusual behaviour and it's only been 5 days since my last water change.
Established setup which has been kept clean, has good flow and nothing changed recently.

Anyone with any knowledge then please share :)

At present, rightly or wrongly I've put it back in the system as I was unable to establish a quarantine easily enough, I have dosed with both Esha Exit and 2000 to see if that will help at all and keeping a closer eye on things.
Was this a foolish decision on account I was unable to establish a quarantine? :confused:
sick otto 3-7-20.jpg
sick otto 3-7-20a.jpg
sick otto 3-7-20b.jpg
sick otto 3-7-20c.jpg
sick otto 3-7-20d.jpg
sick otto 3-7-20e.jpg
sick otto 3-7-20f.jpg

Any further with this @Andrew Butler ?
Hi @Geoffrey Rea I decided to give the treatments 3 days to make a start as I can't imagine that just disappearing overnight.
I've kept a closer eye on all the other inhabitants and they all seem happy enough.
I'm likely going to carry out a big water change today and see if I can find the affected fish, I'm unsure if I've spotted it or not.
Depending on how the fish looks (if I can find it) I will either decide what to do next. (I was hoping to have had an expert opinion by now and they're still very welcome)

I know the right thing would have been to isolate this fish but at I just didn't have the ability.

Managed to find the fish in question, would I be a bit optimistic to think the treatment may have helped and things have shrunk down a bit already?
I've carried out a large water change today and have put some Activated Carbon in for a few days to clean things through then will likely repeat dose the Esha.

Quite likely not the best approach :rolleyes:

Photos are nothing like as detailed as last time and were just taken at 8x zoom on my phone where I managed to corner the said fish and the only angle I could get........
6-7 update a.jpg
6-7 update.jpg

Back