• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Frozen Food - What to get

jameson_uk

My frozen food has just about ran out so will be off to get some more. The last couple of times I have just picked up whatever I saw but I have noticed that the Black Neon Tetras don't seem too keen on the Mosquito larvae (too big?) and noone seemed too fussed about something I got last time (and I can't remember what that was )

Stocking is 15 Black Neon Tetras
2 Dwarf Rainbowfish (will be rebuilding their stock)
9 Sterbai Cory
5 Otos
5 Nerites
10 Amano shrimp
1 SAE

The Otos and snails are easy as they don't go after the meat but what should I pick up?

All have fairly small mouths so have previously gone for mini bloodworm (for which they don't go as crazy for as some things seem to suggest) and daphnia. There were lots of other options in LFS but not sure what is suitable.

Any suggestions on what to try?

Hey. I had frozen cyclops and blood worms. Smashed them all with blender and froze into small cubes. Works like a charm for my neon/cardinal tetras and even smaller chilli rasboras could eat ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would want some pellet food with vegetable matter for the oto's,SAE,amanos,nerites,
New life spectrum pellet for small fish would fit the bill and the cory's would also eat it .
Spriulina Brine shrimp (frozen),and quality flake food for the other's fishes maybe?

Would want some pellet food with vegetable matter for the oto's,SAE,amanos,nerites,
New life spectrum pellet for small fish would fit the bill and the cory's would also eat it .
Spriulina Brine shrimp (frozen),and quality flake food for the other's fishes maybe?
I try to mix it up so have Vitalis catfish / XS tropical pellets, Hikari sinking wafers / mini algae wafers / micro pellets and some Tetra pro crisps and add some courgette and peas too.

Normally feed frozen twice a week and having looked at the useful site above I think it was Cyclops or Tubiflex that they weren't interested in.

Yes,
Variety is good.
Recently discovered a new (to me) fish food for plecos I raise/trade from Fluval, called .. "Bug Bites" Pleco formula.
Livebearer's also seem to love it as well as cory's,shrimps,snails.

Tmc do mini bloodworm in their gamma range and my cories and small fish love them. They also get cyclops occasionally (not often as they are harder to digest), daphnia, brine (which isn't very nutritious but readily taken), baby brine shrimp (frozen or fresh depending on how lazy I am) and I've also cultured white worms, Grindals, microworms etc in the past.
I mostly feed flake with some pellets for the bottom feeders plus cucumber every now and again.

You could also add some leaves and start a culture of natural live food in the system.

Back