• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Frodo Stones Iwagumi - 90 cm Scape

Vijay_06

Got back into the hobby a month ago after a 3 year break and would like to document/share the setup and progress of my new scape.

I had a standard 75 gallon from 2017 to 2020. It was an amateurish Dutch style high tech setup, but I learnt a lot during those years. Life/work got super busy, and I took it down and sold everything. Still, I stayed close to the hobby by constantly reading articles and watching video content published by knowledgeable hobbyists and scapers.

Now feels like the right time to start again, and I would like to setup Nature Aquarium style scapes this time around. Iwagumi style has always appealed to me due to its minimalism, and that is the first style I am going to try.

Here are some technical details about the new setup:

ADA 90P Aquarium
Archaea Wood Cabinet
Week Aqua P900 Pro suspended from ONF Light Hanging Kit
ADA Light Screen
Oase BioMaster Thermo 850
GLA Dual Stage CO2 Regulator
10 lb CO2 Cylinder
Aquario Neo Flow Lily Pipes
ADA Amazonia Aqausoil Version 2
ADA Power Sand
Frodo Stones
Monte Carlo Carpet
Espei/Lambchop Rasbora

The aquarium was planted on 11/15. Attached are photos of just the Hardscape, scape on Day 1, Day 33 (reddish tone) and Day 35 (greenish tone). It has been near perfect so far, but there were a couple of twists and turns which I will talk about in the next post.

Hardscape - 11:9.jpg

Day 1 Pic - 11:15.jpg

Day 33 Pic - 12:17.jpg

1703086054988.jpeg

Last edited:
This is beautiful!! Close to what I am trying to achieve. I love a clean, crisp look.

I am having some success with cuba as the carpet in my test tank, so I will most likely use that plant species. when I finally complete my shopping list :)

The overly reddish pic posted above was due to the light being set in the inbuilt 'Red' mode. It does not make the setup look this Red in person though.

I am now running the light in the inbuilt 'Green' mode at a certain power that will produce similar PAR at the substrate as the 'Red' mode was producing at its set power. Below is the latest pic Day 35 pic in the Green mode. The green looks super saturated, but it looks a bit more subtle in person.

Day 35 Pic - 12:19.jpg

Back