• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fresh start.

Lewisr

Evening all. After a few years away from the forums (I moved into my inlaws and my tank had to be stored in a freezing cold garage!) I now have my own place and am looking to set up my 20l tank on my desk properly. Pressurized Co2, EI ferts etc.

With christmas coming up I have been given a budget of £150 to get myself some of the gear that I will need.

I currently have:
20l AquaEl tank
filters
Heaters
An LED light strip: http://www.rocketaquatics.co.uk/Interpet-Bright-White-LED-Light-Unit-Double.html.

I would prefer to get better lighting as the LED strips are longer than the tank and look a bit silly sat ontop of it.

Is it possible to get the set up required within this price limit?

Does anyone have any recommendations for co2 and lights etc for tanks of this size.

My main goal is to finally achieve what I have tried probably 5x previous and failed. A nice carpet of HC!

Thanks

Lewis

Is it possible to get the set up required within this price limit?

I would say it certainly is. Ill leave some links for atomizers and regulators. You can get a soda CO2 bottle from you local shop or a fire extinguisher which will be a bit cheaper in the long run.
http://www.co2art.co.uk/products/advance-complete-aquarium-co2-system
This is a good offer if you want dropchecker and everything. If you dont want all that just buy separately. Have fun. Your CO2 system is gonna be the most expensive bit I believe, since you already have the rest. You can also get a cheapo t5 light from ebay for your tank dimensions.
If youre gonna use a soda bottle youll need an adaptor for the regulator.

Thanks for the reply. Im leaning towards the soda stream bottles as they will be easier for me to source.

In a 20l its not really expensive if you use a good atomizer. I keep a 10l one with a soda bottle that is lasting ages, but i inject very little CO2.

Back