• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Found these kessil .

kirk

Hi does anyone run these on a planted tank here.? Uncertain if they would be suitable .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241010_143515_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20241010_143515_Facebook.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20241010_143458_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20241010_143458_Facebook.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 29
If they are the reef version, as stated in the picture, likely to be mainly outputting blue to UV spectrum. Even if the output is tunable they are probably not capable of a nice white spectrum.

Thanks i messaged the guy and he is claiming they are tuna blue🤔 . Ive never been 100% happy with the chihiros wrgb 2's . Was just looking for change and they looked afffordable.

Thanks i messaged the guy and he is claiming they are tuna blue🤔 . Ive never been 100% happy with the chihiros wrgb 2's . Was just looking for change and they looked afffordable.
I'll need to look it up but the tuna blue * I believe* go as low as "10000k".
Deep Ocean Blue to Sky Blue
Ok ...proof .

The color temperature of the Kessil A360X Tuna Blue LED aquarium light can be adjusted from 10,000 K to Actinic. The light's Kessil Logic™ feature maintains a consistent output across the entire adjustable spectrum, which helps ensure consistent coral and plant growth.

The A360X Tuna Blue has two knobs on top that allow the user to tune the LEDs to their desired color temperature. The light also has an advanced thermal system that helps it run efficiently for a long time.
Oops ..a360x.. different model. I believe similar spectrum. X just adds the green,violet,red LEDs but I don't believe they are used in determining spectrum range.
More ancillary color .
Anyways not in the " regular" a360w..

Found it.
kessil returned my email and explained what the temperatures are at what %:

“In regards to the color, the tuna blue ranges from 20,000 k to 10,000 k. The lower the color %, the bluer the light and higher color % is the white spectrum. 14,000 k is around 60-70%. Please let us know if you have questions. ”

Last edited:
I'll need to look it up but the tuna blue * I believe* go as low as "10000k".

Ok ...proof .

Oops ..a360x.. different model. I believe similar spectrum. X just adds the green,violet,red LEDs but I don't believe they are used in determining spectrum range.
More ancillary color .
Anyways not in the " regular" a360w..

Found it.

Thankyou for putting in the time to find the answer most appriciated. You have confirmed it would be the wroung model as it would be blue as the model describes tuna blue. Back to concidering the vivid 10th now thanks.

Back