• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Siena 332

johnbrierley

IMG_1587.jpeg

This is my tank straight after a water change this morning. I have 4 Amazon swords, some Java fern, 3 anubias nana, and have just added Taiwan moss. One week old

Last edited by a moderator:
It's looking great! Plants will grow and fill in the gaps. But as it's just into it's 2nd week and this much fish already in it you will need a lot of fast growing plants to keep water safe for fish and all your currently slow growing plants.

Hi all,
But as it's just into it's 2nd week and this much fish already in it
First thing to say is the fish look absolutely fine, but that would be my worry as well.

Have a look at the "Seasoned Tank Time concept" <"Help needed with 0 Nitrates Levels">.

You don't say how you prepared the tank? Have a look at <"The nitrifying microbes in aquariums and cycling"> .
in it you will need a lot of fast growing plants to keep water safe for fish and all your currently slow growing plants.
Have a look at <"What is the “Duckweed Index” all about?"> and <"Using stem plants as a filtering aid at Start Up!">.

Plants (Plant / microbe biofiltration) are much, much more efficient at reducing fixed nitrogen levels than most aquarium based literature (LFS, web pages, forums) acknowledges.

cheers Darrel

Back