• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Profile 850 (230litres)

dgm1985

Seedling
Hi,

I'm new to this forum and thought I would share my latest planted tank. Please leave comments, good and bad, I'm always looking for ways to improve.

So.... My previous tank, (and source of most of the plants in my current setup). its a Jewel Vision 180.

DSCN0517.JPG

the plants used in my new setup

DSCN0525.JPG

My new tank empty (Fluval Profile 850)

DSCN0532.JPG

Tank with substrate and hardscape.
Substrate: 7.5l JBL Aquabasis, 15l of Aquagrit, and a small bag of fine gravel

DSCN0535.JPG

Tank when filled and left to clear for two days (ok its still a bit cloudy, but a million times better than it was...)

SP_A0206.jpg

SP_A0204.jpg

The tank is lit by the standard lighting 4x T5HO 24w bulbs, has an Aquamanta EFX400 filter, and a 300w hydor external heater. I do not currently use CO2, (never used in the past either), but that may change.... although probably not until I've had some experience of using it on smaller tanks first.

I will try to upload pics every one in a while so you can see the progression, but the tank is at my parents due to living in a small flat, so it may be Christms before the next update..

Thanks for reading,

Darren

Re: My new Fluval Profile 850 (230litres)

Looking forward to seeing it "filled out". Got any more pics? :D

Good Job but I think you have no focus point, like a bigger pice of driftwood or an arrangement of rocks..
Looking forward for more pics.

5ec57f9d-fc26-8057.jpg

I've changed the lighting so it has 4 daylight bulbs rather than 2 daylights and 2 of the slightly pink beauty lights.

It also has some algae partly due to me being an idiot..... . I might have forgotten to remove the rocky Bio media in the filter from its packaging.... so my tank still hasn't cycled fully. Still the algae is now growing slower and my three ottos are enjoying a feast like they've never had before.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

warman98 said:
Good Job but I think you have no focus point, like a bigger pice of driftwood or an arrangement of rocks..
Looking forward for more pics.

I agree that the wood in the centre isn't substantial enough. I'm looking for a larger piece but I've decided to let it settle a bit first. It will take me a while to find the "right" piece as I'm rather indecisive but I'll keep looking.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Also maybe try with a plain background. It will make the plants stand out better. Black would probably be best but white can work nicely too :)

Well its been ages since I set up this tank so I thought I'd give an update. It currently consists of just plants... no hardscape. But seems stable with minimal maintenance, no added co2 or ferts, reasonable plant growth and happy fish.

a9asyryd.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Plants looking v. nice!

Back