• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Nano

O'Neil

Started a 2nd Nano, got this one from Gary Nelson and it's flipping awesome :D

Tank - Fluval Ebi.
Lighting - Fluval Ebi standard lighting 11w.
Filtration - Fluval Ebi standard filter.
Ferts - EI Dosing + Carbo.
Substrate - Tescos lightweight low dust cat litter.
Hardscape - Red Stone, don't know what type it is but was very cheap from LFS.

Not added any ferts below the substrate as i have not yet decided exactly how I want the hardscape and it'll be a week or two till i start adding plants. Thought i'd get it filled up anyway though so I can start to tackle the dust, will take nothing to drain half the tank to add plants later.

scaled.php?server=194&filename=42869095.jpg

scaled.php?server=31&filename=photokpm.jpg

scaled.php?server=32&filename=photo1kwd.jpg

From the front
edit_preview.php

I'm still deciding on plants and i may also add more broken up stone to try and achieve a more natural look.
I'll be using a carpet plant and some long stringy ones like E Tennelus behind the large rocks to give the shrimp a place to hide.

Hey pork, Try angling one or both of the rocks, they look quite symetrical and placed, but keep the grain direction similar.
If you look through most iwagumi you will see that there is usually one dominant stone in or around the golden ratio.
Nice stone.

I'll give it a go first thing tomorrow.....first thing being about 12 it is a weekend afterall, lol

Cheers mate.

Moved a few things around, the changes are quite subtle but nicer that the rocks all have similar grain direction.

Thanks easerthegeezer.

Cheers Darth'
Gonna have a play around with the rocks until I am 100 % happy with it, also need to wait a week or two for plants but will keep you all posted as I make changes.

Nano tanks on a desk are distracting, beware lol.

Looks like a nice start, so good luck with it all :)

LOL, That mite the reason I've been getting toasted on call of duty recently.

Anyway guys i have a quick update, got some free HC so I got some plants in there now.
Still dunno what to put at the back tho : S

imagegdf.jpg

Hey guys, quick query regarding growth rates.
As you can see the above picture was taken ten days ago, thing is the HC looks identical to what it did when it was planted, I have been EI Dosing 15 mil per day and doing 2 x 50% water changes each week, starting the dose regime from scratch after each water change.
Is my dosing wrong, are the plants just settling in or is it down to light why I have not yet seen much new growth?

if no carbon is being used , either in liquid or gas form then growth will be slower.

Back