• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluvagumi 23l

rebel

Hi everyone,

I recently acquired a Fluval 23L (after getting rid of my 46L from last year which never saw water!) and decided to house this on my work desk.

It is a tough tank to scape etc so I have gone with a simplistic design that I can make at home and just transport to work as a whole. Everything is stock apart from the LED which I will DIY for more coverage but still keeping the sleek aesthetic. The scape will be an iwagumi but low tech without any CO2. Plants haven't been decided but a sparce scape with DHG may be a go. I may have some aquasoil at the back in small pots (perhaps some pearl weed) but I am undecided. Planning for some blue cherries as I have never kept these prior.

Here is the initial pic today after a quick go at the stones.

I have posted this journal here as well as my usual forum aquariumlife, which is Australian based.

I know there are many low tech experts here so would like to your thoughts. I consider low tech tanks more difficult than their co2 counterparts.

Thanks for reading!
55fb5dfd1984c2423e14ab260a635646.jpg

Hello dear friend!

What about this tank? Any news?
Looking forward to see what you acomplished.
This inittial layout was pretty good. I like it a lot and with a lot of potential.

Give us some news.
Big Hug Rebel.

Hiya Paulo, apologies for my tardiness. Not a whole lot to report but added a couple of rare yellow fish. I am not used to inert sand and low tech. Most of plants are not doing that well. Almost like a suspended animation while the diatoms have a bit of fun. I had BGA but quickly dealt with it.

37530363181_775f682b0f_h.jpg
2017-10-06_11-33-14 by Reb El, on Flickr

I think you need to add as many plants (low-tech, java ferns, bolbitis, etc.) as aesthetically possible - it will really help with the algae!

Back