• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish Tank Kings!

Just seen last nights episode as I didn't want to judge on one episode. I can safely say this is everything I didn't want it to be.

Sorry guys but you've just been deleted from series link :lol:

It was awful but I'm gonna watch them just for a laugh!

What a crock of blahblahblahblah, I wanted to turn it off after 10 mins! Mega annoying the way they wanted the guy with the 8ft not to have a live reef, they or someone else will be maintaining it anyway. Everything just seemed so much hassle to them and they wanted to do what they wanted not what the customers wanted.

And chucking in close to 100 Malawi's at once is a joke, the price of the frags was unreal also. 70 bucks for something that is £15 here is a piss take and they made a real shite job of the live reef anyway.

Will not be watching it again that's for sure.

Gonna be a tight fit this large tank...watch the fountain and the doors...

2 hours later...Oh, well, we can just move the fountain, it's really easy to move!

Seriously, I so laughed out loud at that moment! Honestly, the house owner was helping them lift the heavy tank base around the fountain, and never even thought about moving the fountain until afterwards!

I watch it for the tanks, as the rest of it is typical American 'put some arguments in so the program is more exciting' rubbish :)

I did wonder how they set the filters up though, as dumping 100 or so Malawi cichlids in that freshwater tank seemed a massive load for a new tank...with naff plastic plants too.

nry said:
I did wonder how they set the filters up though, as dumping 100 or so Malawi cichlids in that freshwater tank seemed a massive load for a new tank...with naff plastic plants too.

I couldn't believe how many fish they crammed into that tank.

hvgWf.jpg

The actual stocking level is ok it is just how they did it, I also bet they do not have the filtration to handle that many fish.

I had about 500 Malawi's in my 6x2x2 which was run on x4 externals, xp3-xp2-2213-2215 and massive weekly water changes. I worked in MA at the time so got all my fish dirt cheap lol Also any returned Malawi's I got for free as long as we did not give them any shop credit for them.

I was also in stitched when the guy said "oh we can move the fountain if you like" that was classic!!!

I'd not be overly surprised to find they have a whacking great custom filter in the tank base, they seem to know their stuff, it just isn't explained that much.

I liked this weeks, over last, more so that massive tank in the guys kitchen. I just think ' I wish I had a massive................Kitchen like that, lol'. That tank was impressive, imagine having a planted like that, that size

I stumbled across this program a few weeks back, was a bit let down like, I wonder what the bill would be to have them doing the maintenance on your tank for you

Back