• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fish suggestions

MikeG747

Hi,

I have a three week old 317 litre planted tank (approx 125cm x 50cm x 50cm) which has a cycled filter running on it and I am wondering what additional fish I should stock the tank with.

Current tank setup is as follows:
eheim 2073 filter
eheim 2173 thermo filter
pressurised co2
4 x 54 watt T5's on an 8 hour photo-period.

Tropica substrate with sand and gravel over it with a variety of plants growing along with a large piece of red moor wood.

The water parameters are:
pH ~7.0
kH ~ 5
NO3 ~15ppm

Current stocking is:
12 Hengeli Rasbora
20 Neon Tetra
4 ottos
6 corydoras sterbai
6 Corydoras arcuatus
11 amano shrimps
100+ red cherry shrimps
2 Bamboo shrimps

I was thinking that getting 2 pairs of rams (variety undetermined as yet!) or apistostogramma pandurini might be a good idea along with a shoal of 15 or so rummy nosed tetra. If I go for the two pairs then I am hoping they will remain peaceful and not eat too many cherry shrimp. Does what I am planning sound in the least bit sensible?

Thanks

Mike

One pair, Two pairs, either way your smaller shrimp will be eaten (my cacatuoides polished off the ten cherries I added in under a day !!) Have you considered Bolivian Rams ? You could go for some of them and a pair of Apistos. If you go for two pairs of Apistos then your tank is probably big enough for same species but I always think its best to have different groups.

Back