• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First time CO2 set up questions

Of course! The drop checker measures the pH of the atmosphere rising from the water,rather than the water it's self. Thanks man. That was a real Eureka moment ha

Hello
I've got the same controller, just labelled as PH-201 and wonder about the low hysteresis of 0.03 only. I set mine to 6.82. When reaching 6.85, CO2 starts - until going down to 6.79. For me, this is way to low, therefore the controller switches about every half hour! Do you experience the same issue?

Hi THZ, I'm yet to test it to be honest, but after advice that I got on ukaps,I was thinking of removing the power actuator and just using it as a PH meter. Eg providing a power supply to the controller and sensor bit and removing the bulky plug socket box that the solenoid plugs into. So your saying that your experience with it isn't good as it is constantly switching the co2 on and off...? 0.06 ph variance doesn't seem much in terms of pH , but I would hazard that this is creating wild drifts in the amount of co2 dissolved in the water over the photo period,considering the colossal difference 1ph signifies. It's 10 x difference in the amount of dissolved Co2 if I'm not wrong?

Hi aquascape1987: yes, my experience isn't good as the hysteresis is by 0.03 only!
I set a PH value of 6.82. So, when reaching 6.85, the controller switches the co2 on. When going down to 6.79, the controller switches co2 off. I tried to reduce the amount of bubbles, so that it takes longer to reduce from 6.85 to 6.79, but when reducing the bubbles too much, the pH won't go down. It needs a certain amount of bubbles for working correctly. Due to this small hysteresis, the pH is being reduced from 6.85 to 6.79 within half an hour only. So you can imagine how often the controller switches the solenoid on and off.

Back