• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First proper tank...

st.john

Well that was quicker than i expected! Searching facebook market place and i just found a 4ft x 2ft (d) x 18.5'' (h) tank in excellent condition FOR FREE! Picking it up tomorrow. Brilliant! This is good as i can now slowly but surely get it all set up and lovely over the next month or two. Was going to go for a 5ft but this has the depth that is perfect.. and it's free!
SOooo you aquascaping types - i need inspiration and recommendations regarding lighting, filters, Co2 and all the rest of it! I have a pretty set idea of how i want it to be set out: High drift wood based hardscape on the right third of the tank (well planted but with small leaved plants to give false scale
and with lots of depth and perspective) with an open unplanted area in the middle and then with a small planted area on the far left corner. I love the space in some Aquascapes that i have seen and the image of shoals of fish moving through them. It will only house nano fish and maybe a small shoal of angels.

congratulations :D

just be sure to test for leaks (unless you see it up & running)

A tank that size can be heavy & awkward - be careful of any torqueing/twisting as you transport the tank

Back