• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First Journal - Pastures New - last pictures journal finished

Day 3

Placed the stringy moss onto stones.
new8x.jpg

2 weeks.
20130225fishtank042.jpg

Changed the side the outflow pipe was situated to the left and side and flow seems a lot better for CO2 distribution.

20130225fishtank022.jpg

No problems with algae so far.

Wow I’ve been really busy with work so neglecting updates on the plants.
So it’s been 5 weeks since this setup started and so far most of their plants have recovered and started to grow. Had some problems with diatoms after 3 weeks but added 3 Oto’s, so problem solved.
However green hair algae started to creep in only ever so slightly.
I have also added 10 cherry shrimp and only 4 days ago I managed to receive 8 amano shrimp. Which is a result as getting these amano took a long time searching, just hope their the real thing.
No fish yet.

Tank Specs.
tank- 60x30x36
lighting - Arcadia Lighting system 2 x W24T5 on 6 -1/2 hours a day
filter - Tetra Tec Ex1200
substrate - Ada Amazonia
Pressurised C02 on 1 hour before lights on and one hour before lights out.
ferts - Dry ferts
Macro Solution dosing 5ml every other day
33g Potassium Nitrate
7.2g Monopotassium Phosphate
250ml Water
Trace Mix Solution dosing 3ml every other day
10g Chelated Trace Element Mix
250 ml Water
0.5 ml Normal Hydrochloric Acid

new20a.jpg

new25mf.jpg

Problems with Glossostigma elatinoides
02044w.jpg

02048.jpg

Now the plant at the back ( not sure of the name) does not feel right so thinking of taking it all out. And just leave the space for the grass to grow in.

Thanks for looking all advice welcome.

Been a few weeks since last post, so time for an update.
The tank has changed a lot since its birth.. Taken out the Vallis from the back to create a more open look…
Getting problems with algae Stag horn on the hair grass and some BBA on the stones plus some hair algae (next water change I will spot dose on the affected areas for the BBA.
However the stag horn is another problem (I would welcome any help from people who live in hotter climates) I’ve started to use a normal fan which is cooling the temperature to around 29c – 30c on the tank. (Not sure when to turn on the air conditioner for the whole day$$$).
(Summers has not even started yet) turned co2 up slightly to compensate for the need for more co2 at higher temperatures (Ceg4048 your help is needed) Now because of all these fluctuations in co2 I think this is why I’ve started to get stag horn plus other algae – Maybe -- still not 100% sure.
Co2 is turned on 3 hours before lights on (3pm start). However I do get ambient light in the room from 7am in the morning. Should I turn the co2 on earlier?????

Any advice welcome

Sorry iphone pics

553a.jpg

Bubble Bush

55closeup.jpg

49800378.jpg

Shrimp Camp ( Started with 10 now around 80 + shrimp, need to take some out me thinks)

mondayp.jpg

newshrimp.jpg

Thanks for looking

Very nice. I love it.​

Thx Sciencefiction its nice that someone else likes my efforts.

Still having problems with staghorn algae, looks like my only option will be to cut the hair grass:( Have tried dosing 5ml easycarbo on water change and then 1ml daily after that but this has not worked. Any ideas anyone???

Looking really nice Mark :thumbup:

Things just ticking along so not much to report….

Picture of the crew ..

thecrew2905.jpg

Side View..

29thmay.jpg

Love Neon Tetra

116134.JPG

Open for critique.

Coming to the uk soon so putting a list together for all the things to buy :happy: So much choice back home.

Mark

Pictures after a trim...

byyl.jpg

Need more hight from the grass at the back, when this has been achieved will take final pictures and do a rescape.

f2mt.jpg

Have some algae problems with BBA on the stones, very frustrating:banghead:

Mark

So its been 5 months since I updated this journal, not had time to really update so in future I will just post pictures of future scapes and will not be doing a journal in future.:(

Picture taken in August

zhc5.jpg

0owl.jpg

This was taken in October

kgwo.jpg

d5qf.jpg

This scape was rescaped 1 week ago.

found some places here that can get the plants I want so more options on future scapes.

This is a quick peek of the rescape

qq0m.jpg

Still needs lots of work....

Thx for looking

Mark

The picture from October is very nice, really like the long eleocharis behind the rock.

Back