• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter vibration

Lucy85

Hi! I’m hoping you’ll be able to impart some advice! I have just set up a dennerle 30l nano tank and have an oase bio compact 25 filter in the corner. I am finding that the vibration of it is too loud when I fully attach it to the glass using the suckers, or even if I just use one sucker. i have tried moving it around the tank at different heights to see if there’s less reverberation but this doesn’t alleviate It. I have also ensured that there’s no air in the filter. has anyone worked out a way of suspending a filter without attaching it to the glass? Or have any other remedies to this?

thanks!!

This may be more work than you want, but ...
Cut a piece of rigid , flat plastic, the same size as the filter. Using double sided, waterproof foam pads, attach that to the glass of the tank. (The glass would probably need to be dry, and that might rule this out for you.)
Use the suckers on the filter to attach it to the piece of plastic.

The foam pads will act as shock absorption and reduce vibration being transfered to the glass.

Different tank/purpose but I used a thin piece of perspex and heated it to bend it over to make a hook that went over the tank rim. Make a couple of holes and cable tied the filter back plate to that. You could add a layer of rubber under the hook. I was more trying to eliminate the annoying suckers that didn't like staying attached.

Hi all. Thanks for your replies. It’s given me something to think about. I’m not very handy when it comes to makeshift devices so I’m going to have to put my thinking cap on!!!

Back