• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter for 100x40x45 180L.

Fran

Hi all, starting a new rimless braceless 100x40x45 which will be 180L. Plan on using a JBL cristalprofi rated at 1400lph with a lily pipe at the side of the tank facing the opposite end. I reckin with substrate and hardscape, working volume would be around 140L. Going to use an inline UP atomizer. Will this filter produce enough flow for this tank? Any help appreciated.

Thanks guys. Tim, what outflow configuration do you use? Spray bars? I like the idea of all outflow through a single lilly pipe but would consider using rear mounted spray bars if necessary.

Thanks guys. Tim, what outflow configuration do you use? Spray bars? I like the idea of all outflow through a single lilly pipe but would consider using rear mounted spray bars if necessary.
Hi fran, I'm using a lily outlet on the 1500 and a diy acrylic outlet on the 900 opposite corners one pushing along the front of the tank other pushing along the back, tried spraybars but couldn't get good flow at the back due to hardscape.

Hi, I'm running a 2215 ehiem with lilles.. On a 80x40x40, I'm also using a 900 korilina to up the flow. Still can't get it perfect.

Hi and thanks. I've seen the bigger JBL filter but the hose size won't allow me to use my hydor inline heater. I really want to keep as much equipment as possible out of the tank. I do have a tunze power head, I think its the smallest one they do. I reckon I'll try the single filter and mess about with the powerhead placement if I need it. I realise from reading this forum that co2 distribution is probably the most important thing when operating a planted set up so want to get this right. Cheers.

Back