• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

film in drop checker

Mr P

Hi all'i keep getting a film buildup in my d.c.I clean the the d.c but it returns every 2/3days.when it happens ti cannot get a proper reading from the d.c. has any one else had this problem?many thanks.roy

I had the same problem a long time ago and put the Dc in the corner in the back of the Outflow, sometimes close to the bottom, others close to up level water and the problem remains. This corner of the tank is where´s less flow.
Then i tried in very places but still the problem remains.

Then.. one day i was cleaning my Lily Pipes and remember something... (i thought "Why not?") So i decide to let the DC all night long with leach (Neoblanc) inside the part where we add the ragent and in a cup with leach to. Next day i clean it pretty good, dry, wash very well with water over and over, dry, and... till today is pretty fine.
Never got the problem again.

Thanks for your input.I have 2 d.c in tank and have the film in both.I will leave the d.cs in steralising liquid for the night and see if that solves it.many thanks.roy

Just a very important note:
As soon you put the DC in the tank you should not touch it. CO2 is a peculiar reagent, since acquires an unusual high compressibility..where small changes in pressure or significant changes in temperature result in its properties, ranging from those of the gases and liquids.
It´s not an equipment to be moving around :) Or each time you moved it from one place to another you´ll have to change the mxiture.
If you are touching it or moving it it´s normal what is hapenning. Even if you do as i did. :) So don´t touch it after placement ;)

Thanks paulo for your advice.I. havenot been moving the d.c about but will bear it mind for the future.I do have a d.c at either end of the tank 40mm or so above the substrate,I will clean them again tonight and hopefully that will sort out the problem.thanks again.roy

Back