• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ferts and liquid CO2

Tom72

Hi fellow aquascapers,
I have been using Neutro products from aqua essentials for some time. I am the only person who seems to use them and wanted to see what other scapers think of these products. How much do you dose and any thoughts on the products would be great. I ask as I don’t know if I’m dosing too much/ little do I need more micro nutrients etc, are there better alternatives, by which I mean dose less but get better results/same results.
Thanks

I used the version for CO2 tanks a while back on my CO2 tank later changing to EI purely on a cost basis as EI works out cheaper. I found the results of Neutro just as good as EI so l would recommend them. I believe they have extended the Neutro range If your happy with it carry on using it

Dosage l increased recommended dose as plants grew. But with just liquid CO2 just less increase required. With pressurized increase as the plants tell you. Should add l only have plants classied as easy

I have had good results, but then I haven’t tried anything else. I’m using Neutro plus and liquid carbon. I haven’t used their root tabs yet. I dose 40ml daily of each on my 200 ltr. I’ve no idea if this is too much or not.

I dose 40ml daily of each on my 200 ltr. I’ve no idea if this is too much or not.
Probably 4x manufacturers recommended dose on the neutro plus, no idea what levels of nutrients this adds because they don't disclose its specific contents (trade secrets and all that.)
For me the best advice would be to switch to making your own ferts, you must be spending a fortune on neutro plus. Buying a starter kit like this would only cost you a couple of quid more than a month's supply of neutro plus and would last you at least 10 months.

Are you really dosing 40mls of neutro co2 per day? Label instructions suggest 1ml per 50l.

I was and was mainly down to advice I had recieved. I have never really been sure how much to do but to dose daily and up the dosage as the plants mature. It is very hard to establish what the right amount is. I have just set up 2 new bottles of Neutro plus and Neutro CO2 on my auto doser and have reduced to 10ml each. I have patches of green and black bearded algae on my wood which I hope the liquid CO2 along with the CO2 injection will sort out. My 2 Siamese algae eaters don’t seem interested. The Ei kit is a great idea, especially as I have 2 new scapes happening soon. I will check that out. Do you know if there is a similar kit for Liquid CO2. Thanks for the link John. This is why I love UKAPS

Back